Chapter 9:Eye of Trust

Yurei walk with Cyno was quiet to say the least. Scaramouche stood outside of the entrance of the city and notice them approaching. "So this is the infamous Shadow?" Scaramouche asked as they all sat down at a table. 

"And you must be the fake god who wanted to kill a whole nation" she stated. A bolt of lighting was shooting both of them as they glared daggers. "Both of you stop it" Cyno stated as he gave a stern glare.  

 "You both" he then heard a bark and look down to see Smoky sitting next to Shadow. "Whose dog is this?" Scaramouche asked as he looked around to see if anybody will reclaim the dog seeing they were outside. "He's my partner, Smoky" Shadow claimed. 

"Right, the three of you will have to learn to cooperate" Cyno restated as he watched the dog tail wag as she gave him a small pet. "Although, I would be careful about your hat if I were you" she warned.

Cyno watched her "you are not allowed to command them to steal" Cyno warned as his red eyes pierced through her. She grumble to herself as she stopped the command with a whistle. 

Cyno looked at the two that he decided that were candidates for catching a criminal which was a power hunger false god and a thief who seem to have a corrupted  sense of delivering punishment to wrong doers. He himself can't believe what he was doing. 

They were just two kids who are criminals of different charges.  The dog seem to be entertain but their master as she gave out simple tricks. "Spin" he heard her say and watch the dog go in a circle with its eyes still on the treat is seemed. "Good boy" she said and gave him the treat. 

"You let the dog slobber on you" Scaramouche commented. "It's called giving a treat" she sassed as Smoky bark as if to agree. "Are you two done with your bickering yet?" Cyno asked as to get their attention. 

"You two will be split into routes dedicated to your ability" he said as he gave them both a map of sorts as Smoky seem to read over the map as well. "The Thief hide out will be dealt with as me and Shadow will go there." 

"About that" Shadow interrupted "you're too noticeable for a crowd of such, I will be going by myself" she inquired as she looked over at him. "If you feel the need to walk in, allow me to talk to the head of the place to see if we can meet somewhere else" Cyno looked over at her and detected no faults within her words. 

"How can we be sure you won't cause an issue of trust?" Cyno asked weary due to her be a common thief that was easy to hide though the outfit that was gifted help stood her out with the bright reds covering her top trailing to a pair of shorts that were dark enough to blend. "Listen, if I wanted to already I would have, there's a few criminals under our noses right now." 

She then nodded over to a small stall. "He's been accused of being part of a treasure hoarder gang twice but he retired before they could catch any dirt" she then looked over to a citizen laughing "she's been on the radar for the longest as a common pick pocket in broad daylight" Cyno then watched closely as she did what Shadow said. 

Scaramouche was even shocked as he saw what happened. "Trust me, I would send Smoky after them if I wanted to catch them so desperately without being known" she added as she looked over at Cyno. "Is my point proven yet?" She asked. 

"Fine, you can go over tomorrow morning, will need to make sure your wounds are still in top shape" he stated as they left for the day as they stayed in a temporary house. Shadow and Smoky soon ran inside disregarding Scaramouche yelling "take off your  shoes" while wearing his own. 

"Make me" she yelled. Cyno just sat in the office as he put the work on the table as he heard the dog bark at what could be Scaramouche. "children" he scoffed as he heard more yelling. 

This won't be so bad after all its just a few weeks at most with them. Surely no bond will come out of it as they will return to their originals ideas in life.