Chapter 13: A Criminal in the Port

"It's so hot." "Quiet your bellyaching." " It had not been ten minutes since they had entered the desert, as they were to meet with Arrow in due time. The hot weather wasn't helping much, as Scaramouche was complaining and Cyno was getting tired of it.

Yurei seemed to have no complaints, as she was moving as fast as Cyno was. "Are you sure this is the same guy who tried to destroy everything?" She whispered as she looked behind them. Honestly, he wasn't sure as he turned to look back at Scaramouche. "We're losing light; pick up the pace," he yelled.

Yurei sighed as she went back there and picked him up. "Put me down; I didn't ask to be carried," he yelled, hitting her chest. "All right, let's go," she said casually as she rejoined Cyno, Scaramouche still yelling and screaming at her, demanding to be put down.

A few minutes later, his hat was on her head as she gave him a piggyback ride. "You two remind me of siblings," Cyno stated casually as he watched what happened later. "Oh Archons, don't tell me he's trying to be funny." Yurei considered this as she felt Scaramouche move his head."Breathe a word of this to anyone and I'll find a way to," he said, interrupted by a glare from Cyno. "If you start a fight, I'll drop on the ground in a heartbeat," Yurei said as she repositioned him so that he was slipping slightly but not significantly.
He wrapped his arms tighter around her. "If you drop me, I'm taking you down," he warned. "For someone throwing a fit, you seem to be enjoying this," she mocked, but she had a smile. It soon faded as she saw someone else in his place. "Yurei," they called out.

"Yurei, Yurei, YUREI!" Cyno called out as she snapped back to reality.

"Huh? Sorry, the heat must've messed with me a little," she said as they walked, trying to brush it off. She forgot that Scaramouche was still on her back. "Hey, can you put me down?" He asked.

She did so as she gave back his hat and entered the port. "Feels like a decade since I've been here," she said as she looked around the port. She nearly started running if it wasn't for Cyno grabbing her arm. "We need to stay focused," he stated as he turned, noting that Scaramouche had gone missing. "Where did he run off to?"

Scaramouche was eating something as he was able to pay for some of the food that Nahida had given him. "Eh, I couldn't even get two steps away," he thought out loud as he tossed fruit in the air and caught it. He wandered around, as he didn't want to be caught just yet.

His first arrival was to take down Sumeru, and he didn't take much of the nation that he once wanted to destroy with him.

It was an odd sensation; it was as if regret were swallowing him whole but wasn't. It was difficult for him to comprehend because he had never felt this way before. When given the order to complete a task that required even the smallest of him, he did it regardless.

He watched as the kids ran by, not knowing that someone was lurking in the shadows behind him.

Yurei hopped from rooftop to rooftop to get a skyward view, and soon she found him with someone behind him. "Not on my watch," she said as she descended with her right leg sticking out, meeting them square in the jaw.

Alarmed by the sound, Scaramouche turned to look over as she watch her push him behind her. "Stay behind me" she warned as she watch them rise from the ground. "Who are you and why were following him?" She demanded. She felt something creep underneath her skin. 

The guy looked like a nobody or at least someone who was there to get in their way. "It's not every day" "to see a thief protect blah blah blah. Do you know how annoying you people sound?" She asked as she was annoyed. 

"Listen, I have no time for this and if you don't leave" Scaramouche heard a metal click come from her arm as he saw a small flame form. "It's going to get real ugly real fast" 'I knew I should have brought him' she thought but she shook her head.  "You want to go? There's no way someone like you can beat me" she glanced up for a split second as she saw a familiar shadow creep. "No, but I got help" she then defuse the flame and charged at him with a fury in her kick as she watched as green formed underneath him with a Dendro-like cage surrounding him. 

"Well, I see you're still causing trouble" Arrow stated as they jumped down. "Now, you on the other hand caused enough trouble than you're worth" "I can knock him unconscious" Yurei stated as punched her fist into her metal hand. 

"No need, besides I think the General Mahamatra is here and is not pleased I used Scaramouche as bait." she said as she glanced at a corner. 

"I had a sinking feeling you were going to pull something like that" Cyno then turned the corner with his arms crossed. 

"And the General Mahamatra is here, that's great news" instead of the normal tone she was talking it sounded cold and bitter. "Listen, I know we all have different Agendas but he is here to help" Arrow just nodded. "Fine but let's turn them in then will talk."