Chapter 15: Bickering Duo

The sun had risen and Scaramouche and Yurei had headed out to what looked like to be a base. "Listen, I don't care who you were in the past but for the love of archons follow my lead" she warned as she kneeled back down in their hiding spot. She then started doing hand signals that others would have recognized forgetting as Scaramouche stared at her as if she was dumb. 

"Got it?" She whispered "no I don't get it. I would prefer you actually tell me" Yurei rolled her eyes "right, forgot you still suffering a few brain issues" "why you" if looks could kill, she would have been killed multiple times. 

"You're hat, if I aim right, I can knock some of them unconscious" "we are not using my hat" he yelled as he drew attention to the two of them.  "Over there" the leader called out causing Yurei to facepalm. "No sense of surprise" she then wielded her blade as she ran as she causing a metal click as her flames burned brightly in the dawn of light. Scaramouche let gushes of wind with his catalyst.  

She heard someone rush towards her from the back but she was able to defend herself quickly causing only a small cut to appear on their cheek. She pointed two fingers outwards as she flipped off from another person, pushing them into Scaramouche. "Watch it will you?" he yelled as he stumbled into an enemy which caused him to use a gust of wind to get away and was now hovering over them. One had hit her flames causing a wide spread of fire to spread around the camp.  

The whole way back after taking them in was nothing but bickering about who had done what and Cyno couldn't get a break. 

"Well maybe if you weren't so stupid to make a request" "I'm the stupid one? You cause a swirl to happen and cause the place to be set on a flame." 

"Enough" Cyno told the both of them as they sat around a table. "You two are supposed to be working together, not acting like children" Cyno lectured. "Unforuently, you two will be seeing Nahida very soon for a report and to be working on your teamwork when I'm not around" he added. 

They both scoffed and looked away from each other. "You both had almost caused something terrible to happen because I wasn't there? Do you not have any shame or remorse?" 

Silence filled the room as nothing else was exchanged as they were both sent to their rooms.  Yurei spent most of her time fixing the damaged arm but was getting frustrated as it kept moving when she didn't need to before a hand was reached out. "Thank you Cyno" was all she said.  

The first few minutes were silent before Cyno said something. "Something from your past came forward didn't it" it was stated more than asked. Yurei stopped for a split second before returning to fixing it. "None of that is your concern," she said sternly. "I just want to catch whoever this person was and possibly go to jail or whatever happens," she said.  

"...That won't be nessicary" She stopped fully as she turned to look at him. "I am going to talk to them when we visit and see if something else in your favor can be obtain." She then hugged him which took him by surprise. 

To Cyno, it felt as if she was a little kid with how tightly she was hugging. "The same offer will go to him as well. This training will be important for you both." She didn't move.  

'I can finally protect this city and the people within it' was all she could think about as she had no idea how much was left in store.