Chapter 7: Make a deal

Shadow sat in the room as her bandage was getting replaced. "Let me guess if I don't do as you want I get sent in" she stated as Cyno walked in as she was putting on a new gown. "Exactly" he then pulled something out for her to see. 

"You've caught criminals larger than yourself, even one flying under the sage's nose" Cyno stated as Shadow crossed her arms. "Fine but I want your absolute word that nothing will happen. No turning in, no backstabbing. None. Of.It." Cyno could see her eyes darken as she seem to be cautious swirling around her eyes. 

"You have my word" Cyno nodded. Seeming to relax she let out a huff of air or at least what he could conclude. 

She then sat as her metal arm seem to rest on her leg. He couldn't help but wonder what happened to her arm but he quickly changed the thoughts in his head as he looked back over to her as she seem to shuffle around a bit. 

"Tighnari stated that you should feel better in a couple of weeks" Cyno stated as she seem to perk up at the conversation. "During your resting period you'll be unable to move from the bed without causing some wounds to be reopened so I'll bring in clues and notes about the case" Cyno explained as Shadow seemed no longer interested but it could have been further from the truth. 

Cyno walked and she could hear hime talking to someone. 

In came the green hair girl as she had learned her name is collei.  "I brought some food" she announce as she put on a bedside table. 

"I know its not much but we need to make sure you can obtain a proper eating schedule" she then heard what sounded like a seat scooting close. Looking up over at her, she seemed like a kid looking at her parent to take a bite of a dish they made. 

"If I eat this, will you leave or..." she asked as she look over at her. "Oh, I'll be as quiet as a mouse. You won't hear a thing from me." Collei stated as she waved her hands around. 

she sighed in annoyance but she allowed her to stay by as she seemed enthused by her. It was quiet for a few minutes before Collei asked"So, what's your dog named?" "Smoky" she stated blandly. 

"Is it because you have a pryo vision?" "No" She stated blandly again. "I thought you would be quiet." 

"Ah right sorry" Collei said as she seem to look down. 'If she was a thief she wouldn't survive a day' she thought as she looked at her. 

She felt a bit bad as she saw her sadness cast down into the floor boards. Collei only thought was to be sallowed up as Shadow presence seem to cast an overwhelming weight. 

Was mad that she couldn't make a full escape? Was she mad at her for knowing that she was going to tell Tighnari? 

Her bumbling came to a brut end as she heard the clatter of dishes hitting the stand. "Alright, you watched me, am I good now?" She asked as she looked over at Shadow. 

Collei nodded as she saw the changed of attitude from the moment to the met to brief and almost demanding. 

Yurei watch as the girl leave as Smoky was still eating his dish. 

"Lets hope Arrow will be okay, and we're in for a scolding when she finds out" she stated as the dog seemed more interest when the girl left. "Hey, no getting attach to people, thats how they get us" she said as she notice how Smoky looked back at her as if they were disappointed in her. 

"I'm sorry, you want to be around her more?" Tighnari asked as he stopped reading. "Yeah, she seems like she's lonely and needs" "Let me stop you right there" Tighnari said as he stood up. 

"She's a wanted criminal. She may I dunno, steal our research for something terrible." he looked frantic as the criminal in question was in his and collei's care. 

"But she seems to be... I dunno, misplaced" Collei argued. "Besides, you told me that it should be in our best interest to take care of people." 

Tighnari sighed as he knows Collei wouldn't budge from her ideals and this could go on forever. "Fine, but I'll be there to supervise" Tighnari caved as Collei cheered. Nothing can go wrong in trying.