Chapter 6:Save by an Arrow

Feeling something wet sniff her, she rolled onto her side only to feel a pounce on her stomach. She sat up in pain as she saw Smoky. Before she could say anything she started coughing. "Here, drink this" she heard someone say. 

Not being able to fully grasp everything, she felt something cold and a cup. Wait, wasn't she about to die from a fire? She looked up to see a green hair girl and what looked like leafs coming from the outside  "Am I seeing things or is that actually part of a head?" She asked as she seemed puzzled by everything. 

Smoky barked at her as he tackled her back onto the bed causing her body to feel more sore than it was already. "Yes, hi" she said as the dog was in favor of causing problems. "It's good to see you awake" a voice stated. She looked over to see a green hair girl. "Master Tighnari was getting worried that you wouldn't wake up soon." 

"Right, well thanks for letting me stay but" pain shot through her as she tried to stand. Looking down she realized how badly injured she was as it seemed the bandage was wrapped tightly round her torso from what she could tell from the bandage underneath a new set of clothing she was wearing and a bit on her leg. She heard someone entering the room and saw giant ears as she looked up. 

'ehe, fluffy' was all she could think about. "It's nice seeing you awake" he stated. "As I recall, your name is Shadow and you went into a burning building with no guaranteed of your safety." He sounded like a mother scolding his kids as if they did something wrong. "Well, clearly I am awake and I have a criminal to find" she stated as she tried to stand but her body rejected that idea as she was in too much pain to attempt walking but she pushed through or at least tried to. 

She heard a sigh as she was picked up and place back in her bed. "unfortunately for you, You're not able to go anywhere. In fact, you should be lucky you're not locked up." 

"Yes, how nice" she said sarcastically. 

"You're charge has been lifted as Cyno had requested for your help" Tighnari explained. She looked over at him with shock. 

"He wants to talk to you once you were awake, so at least try to be nice." he added but he got no reply. 

He heard them walked out as she laid on her side that didn't hurt herself. 

Soon enough, afternoon fell and Collei enter the hut. "Shadow I brought" she stopped mid sentence as Shadow and Smoky were now missing. 

Tighnari was talking to some rangers as he heard Collei yell for him. "Master Tighnari, Shadow is missing." Hearing that, Tighnari turned towards her. 

Yurei ran through the forest with Smoky cutting down enemies only for pain to shoot through her body. "Keep running" was all she said as she held her wounds with her free hand. Rishboland Tiger was chasing them and there was only so much in her strength before she fell. 

Closing her eyes expecting death she heard a sound of an arrow going past her. She looked up to see Tighnari. "I told it was dangerous with those wounds" he scolded as he managed to get her off the ground with Smoky trailing back towards her as Cyno seemed to appeared. 

"Shadow had every right to run, quite frankly I wouldn't be mad at her" Cyno stated. 'Great, now I'm stuck here.'