Chapter 4: Don't get Caught

In her world, she examined her equipment to make sure they were up to date. She examined a cryo vessel. "This needs to be tossed," she thought out loud. She carefully wrapped and smashed it into the ground and made a heat force around her to not get injured Smoky watched from afar.   

She looked for a repair kit as she had to fix an outfit but was left empty-handed. "The one rule of the thief and I broke it, be prepared," she thought.  

She heard something coming from outside and Smoky growled. Taking caution, she held her weapon in her hand as she was prepared to fight. Taking small steps at a time to keep her steps silent, she opened her makeshift door only to see a note on the floor. 

She picked it up and it read " beware of the fire that strikes at dawn" not liking how it was worded she quickly gathered supplies. She laid out some food for Smoky. "Stay here and guard the fort," she said as she ran out. 

Scaramouche walked around the city to get any information. "Look I wish I could tell you, but they're good at keeping a clean escape" a scholar stated as he had his arms crossed in defense of their good name. 

Scaramouche growled in annoyance but walked away. "There's a supposed attack happening" a citizen stated as Cyno was walking. "You don't think it's Shadow do you?" One asked.

"Of course not, Shadow is one to keep the city safe. They most likely will do their best to find who" Cyno then step in. "Do have any more information about this supposed threat?" He asked. They both looked startled as they saw the General Mahamatra. Their conversation went stiff and so did their posture. 

"It's r-rumored it will happen at the Akademiya. T-tell them" the one on right said as they pushed their friend forward. "We think it will be during dawn" they spoke quickly. Cyno closed his eyes as if he was thinking of something.  

Yurei stayed in the shadows to not get caught. 'Huh, that's an uncommon sight to see she thought as she looked over to the  Mahamatra. 'Usually, he's too busy dealing with scholars' she thought. 

'Getting into a fight with him may be my undoing so I'll have to be extra careful.' She then carefully walked deeper into the shadows to stay hidden. 'I have to find this person before innocent people are hurt.' 

Noticing something in the corner of his eyes, he saw someone walk but didn't do anything as it would be a rash decision as he had to know doubt who that was. 

Yurei found herself eating a fruit near a corner as her investigation had led her nowhere. She looked at her fruit as if investigating itself. "How can a note be so frustrating? This is my job and I can't find the person" she yelled out as to show her stress.  

Some passersby who weren't local stared at her weirdly. Seeing that she was being stared at she began walking somewhere.  

Looking at the sky and seeing the time, she began to feel panic. "Gotta move quicker," she said as she ran towards another area and quickly slipped into the shadow. " I hope she's in today otherwise" she quickly shook her head as she went up the ramps.  

She needs this information more than anything and if she isn't there then all hope is lost.