The Parallel World of Ours

It was night time, since I am at my ghost form, I'm wide awake for the whole day and night. If it's not because of Aradia's minions, I should have a peaceful life now. Everyone in the house is still sleeping so I'm here at the window of my room. I look out for my sister, Fia. It seems like she had a terrible day since my body was not at her side since yesterday. Most of all, she did not knew about the situation that I am going through.

As I recalled, we will have to meet my mother by morning. Dad will convince Mom to tell the truth. However, I think I will be the one to handle this. I'll use my telepath to see her memories. I heard the door is open and I lean. I know Dad wants to talk since he give me that sign.

I followed him and we talked at the living room.

"So, we will convince her," Dad said.

"No, dad, I'll go, I'll be back if I need your help," I told him.

"Why?" He asked.

"I have to, Dad, just trust me," I told him.

"So you're going in the middle of the night?" He asked with a worried tone.

"Yes, all I want you to do is to rest and wait," I told him.

He nodded and proceeded to his room. I leave the house and went to Mom's hotel room. As I arrive at her room, I found her sleeping with Louis.

I'm sorry, Mom. But I have to do this just for the sake of our family. Those are my thoughts inside. I point my index finger on my forehead and start the telepath. I saw the chamber of her history. I will just start at her history as a child.

"Hey, mom!" She called to my grandma. She is baking red velvet cookies. Grandma went to kitchen and smelled the cookies.

"Smells delicious, Emerald," grandma complimented.

"Thank you," she said.

"You really are a good cook, Em," grandma said to her.

"Because I am good just like Dad," she said.

Grandma made a poker face. I think there's something wrong behind that expression.

"I'll go upstairs okay?" grandma said.

"Okay," she agreed and smiled back to grandma.

After placing the cookies on a plate. She went to the fridge. Before she opens it, she sees their family picture. I noticed that Mom got Grandma's brown eyes, lips and eyebrows while she also got Grandpa's nose and rosy cheeks. Then, she opened the fridge for she will get the milk. She went to the dining hall and placed the glasses. She poured the milk. Then, she leaned and saw grandma in a simple dress.

"Let's eat," grandma said.

They ate the cookies and drank the milk.

"Mom, when will Dad come back?" She asked.

"I'm not sure, Em but I'm sure he will be here," grandma said.

Someone opened the door and it was Grandpa. He's throwing everything. He sat on the couch, removed his shoes and socks and began sleeping on the couch.

"Honey, welcome home," grandma greeted.

"There's no such welcome in this home," grandpa said.

"Dad, I made you cookies," she said.

"I'm not hungry," grandpa said with a raising voice.

"You don't like my cookies aren't you?" she said with a sad tone. Then, she put the cookies on the table and went to her room upstairs. She sat on her bed and wrote everything on the diary.