Sad Breakfast Club |chapter 19|

The next day I was woken up my the sound of a car alarm going off in our front yard. When my dad, Cynthia, and I ran out side, we saw my dads cop destroyed. There was a brick threw the front window with a note on it. I slowly approached the car as my dad tried to figure out a way to turn it off. I took the brick off the car and read the note. 'Damn cop can't even find a killer poor daughter'. When my dad read the note over my shoulder, I could tell it crushed his soul.

When we got inside, he started to feel distort. He started to quickly dial something on his phone. "Dad what are you going? Calling the swat team?" I said. "I'm calling up Fp. I going to ask if his son outdo walk you to school," he said, walking away to make the call. Who's Fp? Who is his son? Even though I was getting my own escort to school, I still got ready through on a navy blue short dress with pink japanese cherry blooms on it. I braided my hair to the side and put on some white shimmers of the corner of my eye and mascara on my lashes.

"Katherine come down," my father called. I grabbed my bag and headed down stairs to meet my dad. When I came to the living room, it wasn't just my dad. "Jones, what are you doing here?" I asked. "Right I forgot you too know each other," my dad said, putting on his hat. I looked back at Jughead who just as coward as I was. "Dad I don't need a escort," I said, trying to leave. "Young lady after the scar we had this morning, I don't want you going anywhere alone," my dad, raising his voice.

I looked at my dad who was man and concerned for my safty then at Jughead who was as scared as my dad was. "Fine," I said, opening the door. "Let's go Jones." As we walked to school Jughead started to constcheck our surroundings. "Jones where fine. My dads just paranoid," I said. "What happened anyways. My dad just said there was an accident," Jughead said, still worried. "Someone put a brick through my dads cop car," I explained, handing the whole truth.

"Your hiding something Evans, what is it?" He stooped dead in his tracks. I looked at him not wanting to tell him. "Where not leaving until you tell me." I groaned. "Oh my God Jones you are so stubborn," I say walking away. "Your dads going to want me to walk you home," Jughead shouts. I turned around to face him. "Why do you even care?" I shout back, throwing my hands up.

"Because I care about you Evans! It's that a crime?" He shouts back. Everything from yesterday comes rushing back. I quickly walked over to Jughead and jumped into his arms. For a second we stood there in the middle of the street. When Jughead let me go, I started to blush. "It's not a crime," I said softly. We heald hand and hand as we walked to school the rest of the way in silence.

When get got to school, Betty texted me if Jughead and I could meet in the Blue and Gold office. When we arrived, we saw Kevin and Betty looking at a bored with pictures. "What is this?" I said, sitting down on a desk. "This is how my dad had his Jason Blossom murder bored before it was trashed," Kevin told us. "Yeah I'm sorry I heard my dad talking about that," I said, looking over at Jughead.

"Any leads on who did it? Or what they were looking for?" Jughead asked. "Nope. No fingerprints. But they stole a bunch of flies, background checks, and all the video and audiotapes of police interviews." "Hey Betty," a guy said, from the doorway. Everyone looked at the guy in curiosity. "Hi Trev," she replies. "Sorry to interrupt..." the guy apologized.

"Oh no it's okay we're just working on..." Betty tried to think of a good excuse. "Our murder bored," I replied for her. He slightly nodded and looked at Betty. "Well I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow?" He asked. "Absolutely it's a date I mean... I'll see you later," she said. The guy left and we all locked eyes with her.

"Your going in a date with Trev? Does mamma Cooper know about it?" Kevin asked. "No I'm not house arrest... okay she's out of town at a women in journalism spa retreat. Anyways is not a date, date." "You just called it a date Cooper. You literally said 'it's a date'," I said, trying to pry the truth out of her.

"That's my cover, it's an intelligence gathering mission..." she began. Started to drown out her voice because right when she started to make up excuses, I just had to. I got up and walked way, trying to conceal the fact I wanted to yell at her. There are other bad things going on in peoples lives and that she should complain or make excuses for going on a date.

Later on that day Archie Betty Veronica Kevin Jughead and I decided to spend our lunch at the bleachers. "Betty you're possibly radiating Nicholas sparks. Tell me everything about this Trev," Veronica said. "Oh there's nothing to tell. Just on of Betty's sources there's nothing romantic in the offing," Kevin said, kind of disappointed. As we sat down, I looked over at Jughead who was tired and exhausted.

"So Jones, what are you doing this weekend?" I said nudging him. "Well I was thinking about going to Pops maybe hang out at Sweetwater river. I was hoping a certain someone could join," he smiled. We interlocked our fingers and smiled at each other. I couldn't tell why we had but, it was something special.

"Sorry to interrupt sad breakfast club," Cheryl said, handing out some black invitations with red seals. "But I am here to formally invite you to Jason's memorial at Thornehill this weekend. To my suprise my chagrin mother added you to the guest list," she said, staring right at Veronica. "In case you're tempted to steal our silver candlesticks don't. Will be searching bags." She walked away which left the group feeling a bit sad. "Well there goes my weekend plans," he said. "I don't know, we can still hang out," I said, waving the letter.