Part 1 | Letter Opener

"The actress of my favourite anti-hero Goddess!" Lizzie smiled, hugging you tightly.

"The actress of my favourite mentally ill magic orphan!" You grinned, the actress laughing as she sat down beside you.

"Hello everyone!"

"My least favourite voice" you groaned, leaning your head back against the couch you were slumped on.

"Ah, Y/n" Tom drawled sarcastically, looking over at you with a slight smirk. "Being lazy as always."

"Only you could butcher a British accent as well as you do" you quipped back, not looking up.

"Not even looking at me? Rude" he tutted, standing behind you and looking down at you. "And you know that's a lie, I won an award for 'best voice' from a National Geographic podcast."

"Oh zip it Hiddleston."

"Why should I?"

"Because I have an extremely sharp letter opener here that I will shove-"

"Okay calm it you two" Rdj laughed as the two of you glared at each other. "Can you get along for even one minute?"

"No" the pair of you chorused, you smirking as Tom finally blinked and therefore lost the staring competition you two had silently agreed to.

"I don't deal with insufferable people" Tom continued, sitting in an armchair opposite you, crossing his long legs elegantly.

"I don't deal with stuck up pricks" you glared, folding your arms. "I can't believe I have to work with you again."

"The feeling is mutual. Feel free to quit."

"Some of us actually have persistence, something you wouldn't know about Hiddleston."

"I see those two are at it again" Anthony Russo chuckled as he and his brother walked in, clipboards in hand.

"Not my fault he's an idiot."

Your rivalry with Tom had started just over three years ago when you were first hired by Marvel Studios as the Goddess Havoc, joining the Avengers and a newly accepted Loki after she was dumped on Earth.

It was soon obvious that the two of you butted heads, you thinking him too posh and him thinking you too careless.

Since then, there had been many interviews and panels where it was made clear that you two disliked each other, starting some interesting thoughts across social media.

Some believe that you two really hate each other, while others think that you're either secretly dating or wish you were.

"Can you at least keep it civil?" Joe asked with a grin.

"Can't make any promises" you replied.

"Or won't" Tom commented. "I suppose so."

"Don't correct me, I don't care how posh you think you are."

"Ah, but you see that is not me being posh, that is simply a correction that was needed."

"I am not an idiot."

"I beg to differ" he smirked.

"I hate you with every fibre of my being" you groaned, standing up to leave.

"There's a fine line between love and hate!" Chris called out after you.

"My letter opener threat also applies to you Hemsworth."

"Good luck with that, he's built like a brick wall" Lizzie laughed.

"A brick shit house, in the uncouth words of Mr Hiddleston" you answered.

"Why do you remember what I've said if you hate me?" Tom questioned with a smug grin.

"So I can use it against you, obviously. Get with the program."

"I can't keep up with your childlike agenda."

"Fool."

"I didn't think I could hate someone as much as I hate you."

"I knew I could hate someone this much, I was just waiting for who that was" you replied smugly. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have better things to do than argue with you."

"You better know the lines young lady!" Joe called out as you headed towards the door.

"Of course I do! I always know them!"

"Do you need me to look up a compilation of you forgetting your lines on YouTube?" Tom asked.

"Okay I'm getting the letter opener-"

Your threat was cut off by Chris E covering your mouth with his hand and dragging you out the door.

"Insufferable" Tom muttered.

"You love her" Chris smirked.

"No-"

"Don't even try to convince us Thomas, we've worked with you for years" Lizzie interrupted with a grin. "And my guess is that she feels the same way."

"I CAN STILL FUCKING HEAR YOU, AND I WOULD RATHR CHOKE DOWN A SHATTERED PLANT POT THAN LOVE HIM!" You shouted from the next room.

"What she said" he shrugged.

—————————————————————-

I know this sucks I'm sorry🥲, I just worked the worst eight hour shift of my life on two hours of sleep and it's now 11pm and I still have a two hour drive home and then I'm up until at least four am helping with other things before going to sleep and getting up again at 7am.

HOWEVER, I promised you all the first chapter by the end of this week, so here we are

When I'm feeling less shit I'll add a timeline explanation

In the unlikely event that I forget post something on Christmas, Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you all for making this year incredible with all your support of my shitty ideas🫶