Part 7 | Drunk

"You are drunk."

"I am not."

"You are so."

"I'll have you know that I actually have a very high alcohol tolerance" you informed, leaning on the bar beside Tom.

The actor raised his eyebrows, nodding sarcastically. "So why are you leaning on the bar?"

"Cause I'm cool."

"Or to hide the fact that you're lilting to the side."

You didn't reply, choosing to take a sip of your drink as he laughed quietly.

"Why are you even talking to me?" He questioned, pulling a stool out for you to sit on. "I thought you hated me."

"Well I am drunk" you shrugged, placing your drink down before moving to sit.

Tom chuckled as you wobbled slightly, the actor carefully grabbing your waist to guide you safely onto the chair. "There we go. Don't fall off."

"I'm not that drunk" you replied, rolling your eyes as he slid his seat a bit closer. "Ew, you're invading my space sir."

"Sir?" He smirked. "Rather proper for you darling."

"Fuck off."

"And she's back" he grinned, chuckling again before taking a sip of his drink.

The pair of you sat in a comfortable silence for a while, both watching Robert trying to teach Chris E how to throw it back while singing along to Mr Bombastic.

"I don't hate you" you said suddenly, turning to look at him.

"You must be really drunk" Tom snickered.

"No I'm serious" you insisted, spinning the stool to face him before spinning around more. "Ooooh spinny chair."

"You're almost tolerable when you're drunk" Tom smiled, finally stopping you after 30 seconds. "Now, continue."

"Hm?"

"You were talking before you got distracted by the spinny chair."

"Ooh spinny chair-"

"No love, come back here" he laughed, turning back to face him.

"What was I saying?" You questioned, placing the little paper drink umbrella in his shirt pocket.

"About how you don't actually hate me?"

"Oh yes!" You perked up, leaning forward. "I don't actually hate you."

"A shocking revelation" he grinned. "But you've already told me that."

"Oh, right."

He waited patiently as you took a sip from your drink, humming absentmindedly (This is will be me when I'm drunk.)

"Darling, concentrate" he chuckled, gently turning your head to look at him.

"Hm?"

"Oh my god" he sighed, shaking his head in amusement. "I'll have to ask you when you're not drunk."

"I'm not drunk!" You retorted, going to pick up your drink again before Tom moved it away.

"You need to drink water" he decided, politely asking the bar staff for a glass.

"Can I put ice cubes in it to make it crunchy?" You asked hopefully.

"Sure love."

"Yessssss."

"What are you two flirting about?" Chris grinned, sidling up to Tom.

"Firstly, ew, and secondly" you mumbled, sipping at the glass of water Tom passed you.

"Secondly what?" The Thor actor asked with a laugh.

"Ew."

"If you can't tell, she's drunk" Tom commented.

"Oh don't worry, I can tell."

"Hey! I saw you fall off the stage before" you said, pointing at him before looking over to Tom. "And you are most definitely tipsy!"

"That I am" he smirked, taking a sip of his whiskey (Tom just seems like a whiskey kind of guy.)

"I knew it! One point to me" you cheered quietly, throwing an ice cube at Tom.

"Hey! What was that for?!"

"Your face is annoying sometimes. It's too pretty."

Chris doubled over laughing as Tom's cheeks tinted pink, the actor rolling his eyes to try and play it off. "Sure."

"No it is" you insisted. "I may be drunk but I'm not stupid."

"I thought you said you weren't drunk?" Chris grinned.

"Why are you even here?" You answered, putting an ice cube down his shirt. "Go back to singing off key."

"If you insist" he winced, pulling the ice cube out and dropping down the back of Tom's shirt.

"Hey! You can't gift that ice cube to someone else, that was your present!" You called out indignantly as Tom laughed, Chris just blowing you a kiss as he dashed away. "So rude."

"So rude" Tom agreed, smiling.

"What are you smiling at?"

"You" he replied simply.

"I didn't give you my explicit permission to do that" you replied, spinning yourself away from him as you heard him chuckle.

"Can you please turn back around?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you're looking at me."

"Because we're having a conversation."

"No we're not."

"I can't have a conversation with you if you're facing the other way."

"Well we are now."

He was silent for a moment, a time you assumed was filled with him rolling his eyes. "Okay, you got me there. Can you please turn back now?"

"Why?"

"Because I want to look at you and not the back of your head."

"Excuse me, the back of my head is gorgeous" you said, spinning yourself back around and eating another ice cube.

"My apologies, it is indeed" he chuckled.

————————————————————————

I was feeling productive