Part 10 | Road Works

"Now who's drunk hm?"

"Not me" Tom mumbled, his suit jacket covering his face as he lay on the couch.

"Sure sure. I don't believe you just in case you were wondering."

"I wasn't, but thanks for that love" he chuckled,  sliding the jacket off to look up at you.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?"

"At least ten more" he smiled cheesily.

"Alright, you're really drunk" you sighed, rolling your eyes and pushing him lightly. "Do you want some water?"

"I'm not drunk" he scoffed. "Stop assuming that me trying to sweet talk you is just because I'm slightly tipsy. And yes that would be wonderful darling."

"With ice cubes?"

"If there are any, yes please."

"And yes, you only try to sweet talk me when you're drunk" you insisted, ruffling his hair before walking off.

"So how's it going with your boyfriend?" Scarlett questioned, sidling up to you as you grabbed a glass and filled it with ice cubes.

"Shut up Scarlett."

"But how's it going?"

You rolled your eyes. "He's drunk. I was drunk at the club and when we're not  drunk we hate each other."

"I'll get you drunk all the time then" she grinned as you filled up the glass. "Is that for you?"

"No" you muttered, punching her on the shoulder as she smirked widely. "Shut up."

"I didn't say anything" she sang out. "But I'm going to tell Lizzie!"

"There's nothing to tell!"

You rolled your eyes again as she hurried off, you walking back to Tom with the glass.

"What's Scarlett annoying you about?" He grinned, sitting up now.

"Nothing- How did you know?" You asked suspiciously. "The bar is behind the couch."

"The only reason he's sitting up was so he could watch you" Zendaya commented as she walked past with a smirk.

"Zendaya, shush."

"Stalker" you laughed, passing him the water. "Sober up genius, then you can finally stop annoying me."

"Thanks love" he sighed, taking a sip. "How am I supposed to prove to you that I don't hate you even when I'm fully sober?"

"Don't be such a dick all the time" you suggested, the actor laughing slightly.

"Fine, I'll stop pissing you off. I only do it because it's funny."

"Or because he's nervous" Zendaya added.

"Where do you keep popping up from?!?"

———————————————————————

"Are you alright love?"

"Now that you're here, no."

He sat beside you where you sitting on the pavement in front of Tom's house. "What's going on?"

"My fucking car broke down" you grumbled, brushing you hair out of eyes. "I had a look but I think there's a leak in my radiator."

"I love that you know about cars" he smiled as you pulled him to show him. "Oh yeah, I see what you mean."

"I don't want to overheat the engine" you groaned, pinching the bridge of your nose in frustration. "It's a long way home and I don't want to risk it."

"How are you going to get back?" He asked in concern.