Part 18 | Costuming

"Are you sure Belle would wear a corset?" you asked sceptically, looking at the offending garment the woman held up. "Isn't her whole thing refusing to conform to the societal norms of her village? Doesn't seem in tune with her character."

"That's exactly what I said" the woman replied, sounding exasperated as she turned to face the head of the costume department. "See! I told you she wouldn't wear one, it doesn't fit the character!"

"Fine" the man sighed, taking the piece and placing it aside. "It was just a thought."

"Well please don't think it again" your stylist grumbled, rolling her eyes in your direction. "He's a great designer but he doesn't always have the best ideas."

"Hey!"

"With all due respect, it is beautiful" you agreed with a laugh. "But I'd rather not spend months on end in a corset."

"Fair point" he apologised. "Sorry, this is my first movie as head of the department."

Today was costume fittings for Beauty and the Beast, and currently you were wearing the opening outfit of the film.

"It's a beautiful dress" you complimented, doing a few instructed movements to check all the stitching in the dress.

After a trying on the rest of the costumes you were up to the final outfit, the iconic yellow ballgown.

"This is gorgeous" you smiled after carefully doing up the back and doing a little spin. "I feel like a princess!"

"You don't look like one" a voice said from behind you, the smirk evident in his words as Tom walked into the room.

"Oh shut up Hiddleston" you chuckled, turning around to face the actor. "Where's your fancy outfit?"

He shrugged. "I'm just way quicker than you."

"Congratulations" you replied as he glanced at you outfit. "I nearly had to wear a corset."

"Who's idea was that?" he scoffed, looking at the item in disgust. "I thought people had moved past that idea."

"I'm sorry!" the designer apologised again.

"It's fine, really" you chuckled. "Corsets can be beautiful, but properly made ones such as that one can do permanent organ damage."

"Which is not what you want" Tom added, looking at the man in annoyance.

"Oh stop worrying Thomas" you dismissed, the actor rolling his eyes at your apparent lack of care. "I'm fine."

"Does everything feel okay?" your stylist checked, getting you to turn slowly so she could check everything and make the proper adjustments. "Anything need altering?"

"It's surprisingly comfortable actually" you answered, flipping Tom off subtly as he watched you fondly.

"That's wonderful!" she smiled, quickly writing some notes in her book. "Alright, you can get changed and then you two are all good to head to the recording studios dear."

You thanked her before turning to Tom. "Stop watching me creep."

"I'm not watching! Just observing" he grinned, looking down at you. "You look beautiful."

"Sure sure."

"You do!"

You just rolled your eyes, concealing as smile as you headed off to the changing room. "Just go, I'll meet you there shortly."

--------

"I've never done singing in a movie before" you said nervously, flicking through the pages you held as Tom hummed quietly beside you. "Or ever really."

"I'm sure you'll be fine" the director Bill reassured you, patting your shoulder. "Your singing in the audition was beautiful."

"Hard to believe with the foul language usually spewing out of her mouth" Tom grinned, chuckling as you flipped him off. "I haven't heard you sing actually."

"By careful choice Hiddleston. I've heard you sing."

"Well I have done it in a movie before."

"A movie about fairies."

"It was a great movie!"

"About fairies."

"I was a pirate."

"Sure you were" you smirked, Bill walking off with a laugh to leave you two to your bickering.

"I was!"

"I'm kidding genius" you laughed, elbowing him. "I actually love the Pirate Fairy."

He smiled as you mimicked his character running around his ship dramatically with the fairy he caught in a little cage. "Oh shush darling, you've done some questionable roles."

"Rude."

"If questionable means some of the best characters in cinema then absolutely she has" Emma Thompson commented with a grin as she left the studio (I love her sm.) "Quick question Tom, how are they doing the whole Beast thing with you?"

"They have some complicated editing nowadays, I think I just play the role in the outfits and then they'll edit me later" he explained (Ik it doesn't work like this, but pretend it does for the sake of the story.)

"Ew, that means I have to deal with you for another movie" you complained, wrinkling your nose in disgust as Emma and Tom laughed. "Well they won't have to do much editing, you're already terrifying to look at."

"Get in there" he chuckled, pushing you gently in the direction of the recording studio. "You have a song to record."

"I don't have to do it."

"Yes you do."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really love, bound by legal contract" he grinned. "The one you signed, remember?"

"Rules were made to be broken" you shrugged.

"Nothing's made to be broken."

"Pinatas" you suggested.

"Well-"

"Glowsticks" you continued, listing them off. "Karate boards."

"Spaghetti when you have a small pot" Emma added.

"Why do I put up with you?" Tom groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose as Emma gave you a thumbs up and left. "You are insufferable."

"Why thank you."

———————————————————————

Please ignore how shit this filler chapter is🤠