05 Price

You awoke to a loud thud in the night. Your bed creaked beneath you, your room was small, so small and dirty that it wasn't all that common for you to find mice in it, you hear a voice you can only recognize as your mother.

"You bastard! You're not going to leave me here to raise that monster alone!" She yelled, obviously drunk. "I'm not leaving! If it wasn't for me then you and that kid would be out on the streets!" He yelled back, your father's voice was strained from yelling so much.

The sound of glass broke followed by your dad yelling out in pain, "you threw a glass at me!? Are you insane, woman!? That bottle of whisky was higher than your paycheck this week!" He continued to scream, "like I give a shit! It never ends with you! You keep in this cycle with us! First you leave, then months later you come back and then leave again! I'm so sick of it!" Your mother began to cry.

The room went silent as you crept out of your room, sitting at the top of the stairs to your home. The home had no heat system, so the whole house was kept warm by the fireplace. You watched your father grab his coat and leave through the front door.

As your mother lay in the kitchen sobbing you began to stare at her. Your vision began to distort. Your breathing picked up as you began to cry out for your father to come home....

Your eyes opened to the sight of Ghost in your room, "LT...?" You said quietly, he froze in place...

<——————————————————————>

Neither of you spoke about that night. You two continued with training as per usual. Training moved to night time as missions became more and more apparent when it came to him.

You stayed up a lot more now, marking spots on the maps and telling the boys where to go. It was torture for you but coffee works wonders sometimes.

You hadn't realized it, but you fell asleep while marking stuff down, only to feel a tap on your shoulder, waking you up.

You woke up to the sound of a chuckle, it was Price. "You okay, miss (l/n)?" He asked, you yawned and nodded. "You look tired, how long have you been awake?" He asked, taking his hat off.

You shrugged, hours? Days? The older man shook his head, "you marked everything you need to, go to bed." He said, taking the map. "I-I wanted to make sure nobody got hurt." You say. Price nods and helps you up.

"Come on now, let's get you to bed." He smiled and began to help you get out of the meeting room. The sky was once again pitch black, your tired eyes began to close as Price brought you to your door. "Price?" You say, he looks at you before you looked over at him. "Tell me about Simon Riley." You say.

The man's eyes widened, "did he tell you his name?" He asked, you shook your head. "No sir, Soap told me." You yawn as he nods, sitting you on your bed, sighing, "Simon is a sad man, that's the rundown." He said, "how so?" You asked.

As if a father telling his kid a story, he sat next to you. "You play with fire whenever you piss him off, he acts all tough and mean but I just think he's a man who is so destroyed." The man said.

"Destroyed?" You asked again, Price nodded, "I've said too much, miss (L/N)," He said, standing up, "have a nice night, get some good earned rest." He smiled, leaving the room and closing the door behind you. You layer back against the bed, the sound of crickets chirping outside made sleeping a lot easier.

<——————————————————————>

"(Y/N)!!!" Ghost shouted over a microphone attached to his ear, you panicked, trying to figure out where to lead him. "Turn left! Hide behind that bookshelf!" You say, and just like that Ghost hid.

Ghost shot at some men, killing them instantly. Just like that he was out of there, running out the door and towards the truck waiting to bring him back to base. You waited for him, he held some valuable information for you about the type of people you're dealing with.

As the truck pulled out in front of your station you saw Ghost enter only seconds later. You smiled as he pulled out files for you. "Thank you, LT." You said with a genuine smile, Ghost just stared at you, his dark eyes unable to look away.

"You're welcome." He said, breaking the stare and walking away to get some water. "Simon?" You say, he pauses dead in his tracks, not speaking for a long 5 seconds. "What did you call me...?" He asked, turning his head to the side, a hint of annoyance and anger in his voice.