06 Simon

"Huh?" You asked, quickly trying to make an excuse, realizing how mad he got. The man charged over towards you, grabbing you by the arm roughly. "What the fuck did you call me." He continued, "hymen!" You shouted without a second thought. "Yeah! I'm calling you a pussy!" You continued, not even Ghost knew what to say. All he could think about was how awful at excuses you were. "Don't you dare say my name again." He stated, his eyes burning into your soul.

Your arm had an indentation from where he grabbed you, you felt a wave of relief as he stormed out of there, pushing past Soap who was just entering through the same door.

Soap walked in, "what stick is up his ass?" He questioned, you sighed. "I called him by his name and now he's pissed." You said, only to hear a wince from Soap, "yeah, maybe don't do that?" He sighs and continued, "he doesn't know you well, at all." You looked down, "I...I didn't think of that.." you mumbled as you sat in a chair.

<——————————————————————>

"Get your head in the game!" Ghost yells, knocking you down, you grunt in pain as you hit your back against the hard dirt ground beneath you. "I'm trying!" you yell back in reply.

"Get up and do it again!" The man continues, you get up, and try to do the move again, but only to be knocked down again. "Pathetic." He says, almost spitting his words.

You shakily got up, you watched the tall man walk over to the table to grab some weapons, and in a fit of rage without hesitation, you ran at him, punched his side, and tackled him, knocking him to the ground.

He looked up at you with shock in his dark eyes. You huffed like a panting dog and watched as the man was kind of shocked you knocked him down. "I win." You say between breaths. He stood up, and you couldn't tell if he was mad at you or proud, but it scared you.

He grabbed your shoulders. "Congratulations, you knocked me." You stared at him, as he let go you looked back down only for his hand to grab your face and make you look directly into his eyes.

"Again." He said, getting back into position, you ran at him, this time doing the opposite side and after struggling for a bit you eventually won, but in the process, you went down with him.

He grunted as he hit the ground, and his eyes went from your face to the area you fell onto. He cleared his throat as you tried to catch your breath.

"(L/n)." He spoke, and you looked at him, then looked down to see you straddling his hips. Your bottom half sitting almost directly on his crotch.

"Shit!" You yelled, getting up and quickly dusting yourself off, but he didn't move. Ghost sat up and spoke, "enough for today...we pick it up tomorrow. We have a week until this mission, I hope you're prepared." He says, grabbing his stuff. With that, the two of you walked back to base.

The air was a bit cold shockingly. You wrapped your arms around yourself, and Ghost noticed quickly. "So...how do you know Johnny." He spoke, and his voice was gentle. "Oh, we met years ago, during military training." You said with a smile, he chuckled, "was he a dumbass back then too?" The man said, seemingly in a good mood.

You smiled and nodded, giggling a bit to yourself. Ghost looked at you, "how long have you known him, Ghost?" You jokingly said, he chuckled again and smiled, "Simon." He said, your eyes widened. "Pardon?" You mumbled. He stopped walking, put the stuff down and held his hand out for you to shake. "Simon Riley." He said, his voice was hesitant.

You smiled, shaking his hand gently. "(Y/N) (L/N), but you already knew that, Lieutenant." You smiled, Ghost let go and continued walking. He listened to you talk about Soap when you were younger and how he still acts the same.

You felt happy in this moment, this was the first time the two of you have gotten along like this, was this all because you beat his ass?

You and Ghost both stopped dead in your tracks as you heard the sound of a gun clicking, you looked around but couldn't see anything. "...did you hear that?" You asked, he nodded and just as you turned your head just in time to hear 5 gunshots.