07 Shots Fired

You felt two burning pains enter your body, one through your hip, and another through your knee. You gasped in pain.

In a heartbeat, you heard 3 more shots, this time coming from Ghost. "Son of a bitch!" He yelled, shooting the guy and killing him.

He picked you up, panicking as your white T-shirt began turning a dark crimson red. "DAMN IT!" He yelled, finally getting back to base.

You heard a timing in your ears, and you lost all feeling in your left leg, but an insane burning pain in your abdomen. "(Y/N)! What happened!?" Soap yelled, Ghost layer you down on a table, knocking everything off of it as Price and Gaz walked in.

"Get a medic! Now!" Ghost yelled. He grabbed a strip of cloth and began to tie it, cutting off circulation to your leg and preventing any more bleeding. He then grabbed another cloth and began to try to stop the bleeding in your abdomen.

You looked at him, his dark eyes staring at your wounds. "Simon....?" You grunted, you had lost a lot of blood. Your eyes began to get heavy, and so they shut. "No no no no! Stay with me, (y/n)!" Simon yelled, slapping your cheek a bit to get you to stay awake, but you were too stubborn, you didn't wake up.

<——————————————————————>

The sound of your door opening brought you to a full wake-up. Soap's eyes scanned you as you opened your eyes, wincing in pain as the burning sensation hit you like a truck. "Stop, you'll hurt yourself." He said, sitting at your bedside.

"J-Johnny?" You muttered, Soap's hand gently felt your forehead, "where am I...?" You say again, "infirmary." Soap replies.

"What happened?" You asked, Soap sighed, "you got shot, twice, the other three shots missed. Ghost brought you back and we haven't seen him in a while." Soap's voice was stern, a voice you didn't hear often. "How long was I out for?" You ask again, "about 2 days." He sighed.

"Price wants to send you back home." Soap continued, and your eyes widened at the man. "No! I-I want to stay!" You said. Not only did you JUST break through and become friends with Ghost, but you also met some amazing friends here, if you left you would never see them again.

"T-Tell Price he can kiss my ass, I'm not leaving." You said, coughing. Soap sighed, "tell that to him yourself." Soap got up and opened the door, Price came in with his arms crossed.

"You're going home, (L/N). That's an order." He stared at you, you shook your head. "We are so close to finishing this mission. I'm not leaving." Your voice became angry, Price shook his head lightly and walked over. "Fine, But if I hear a word from MacTavish that you're not recovering fully. Your ass is going home." He left the room with a slightly angry walk, you felt relief wash over you.

"Ghost carried you back. I don't think he ever looked more scared for someone before in the time I've known him." Soap said. You looked to the side, "he did?" You questioned, Soap nodded.

The conversation was interrupted by the door opening, there stood nonother than Ghost, his eyes glued to you. "(L/n), you're up." He said, you nodded and tried to sit up, but couldn't bring yourself to do it because of the pain.

"Easy, pal." Soap laid you back down, Ghost looked at you, his eyes glued to your face. You closed your eyes, in pain but still functioning a bit.

You began to focus on yourself as the boys left the room to discuss things. You lifted your shirt and saw the bandages over the wound, your leg was still numb to the touch though. You realized quickly that you weren't in a bra, nor the clothes you were in the day it happened.

Your face flushed when you realized it, one of these guys has seen you naked and you don't know which one. You heard the door open and you quickly pulled your shirt down, "(y/n), I came to..." Ghost said walking into the room, he cleared his throat. "To apologize." He finished, looking into your eyes as he spoke.

You shook your head, "for what?" You asked. "I let you get shot, according to Johnny I should apologize." He looked down at the ground, he seemed exhausted. "Look, it wasn't your fault, okay?" You say you motion him to come closer.

The man hesitantly comes closer, standing next to your bed. "I'll do better next time." He spoke, and his voice was gentle, and you shook your head, "No LT, I told you it isn't your fault." You said, gently grabbing onto his hand, he pulled away.

He refused to meet your eyes. "I want to be better, my task for this mission is to protect you from others, to get you to show us around locations, but if I can't even protect you from a single gunman how will I even-" "no, Simon," you state, he gently meets your eyes, for once they looked so soft yet regretful.

"Be better than me, okay?" he said, you tilted your head in confusion, "pardon?" you questioned. Simon just shook his head and left, mumbling a "forget it." while closing the door.

You are left there alone and confused by the interaction, what did he mean by "be better than me?"