Just Rest

A/N: Hello weebs! Hope you're having a good day or night! This story was recommended by ArtistNotFound. I really hope you enjoy it, I've never done sickfic before so I hope it goes well!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

With Yuno being the new Vice-captain of the Golden Dawn, there were many things he had to do; make sure everyone was in check, substitute for Vangeance when he wasn't available, do paperwork, and the list goes on and on.

Today there was an ungodly amount of things Yuno had to do. Vangeance was injured while on a recent mission and was still healing, Yuno had to do his paperwork along with his own. He hasn't slept in a few days since then and was very sleep-deprived, as well as ungodly bags under his eyes.
When he was done with all the paperwork he wanted to at least get an hour of sleep, but alas he was invited on a shopping spree with Asta, Vanessa, and Mimosa. Yuno sighed and left to go with them.

Asta pov

When I looked at Yuno I frowned, he had awful bags under his eyes and looked miserable. I guess being Vice captain is a lot of work, especially with Captain Vangeance still recovering, it must be really stressful.

I was about to ask Yuno how much sleep he's been getting when he started falling! Luckily I quickly caught him before he hit the ground. I heard Mimosa let out a small gasp. I shifted Yuno so I was carrying him bridal style. "I-i'll go tell Langris." I heard Mimosa say before running to the base. I sigh and carry Yuno to Dr. Owen.

...

"Don't worry, he just passed out from exhaustion" Dr. Owen explained. I sighed in relief. "Thank goodness," I muttered. "I'll have him stay here for a few days just to be safe."

"Ok, thanks." And with that, I left.

When I left I ran into Mimosa and she explained to me that Langris would be the substitute Vice-captain until Yuno healed. When she asked me how Yuno was I reassured her saying he would be fine, she looked like she relaxed a bit.

Yuno pov

When I opened my eyes I saw a bright white like, then it disappeared. I sat up and saw Dr. Owen smiling at me. "Ah, great Yuno You're awake." Needless to say, I was very confused about the situation. "What happen-" I was then abruptly interrupted. "You overworked yourself, Idiot!" I looked over at Asta who was crying and then attack-hugged me. "Wait- shit! I have to get back and do more paperwork!" I panicked trying to get out of Asta's death grip. "Don't worry we already have that all figured out. Langris is taking over in the meantime, you just rest." I sigh in defeat. "How long will I be here?" I question Dr. Owen. "Not too long, I just need to run a few tests and you'll be free to go." He reassured me, as I sighed.

When the tests were done I left with Asta when we were about to part ways. He grabbed my shoulders."Don't. Over. Work. Yourself." He said very sternly, I chuckled. "Don't worry I won't," I said as we parted ways.

...

Langris pov

This was pitiful. Vice-captain Yuno was obviously sick but would refuse to accept it. Every time I confronted him about it, he would brush it off like it was nothing. Now the only idea I have is asking that magicless brat to do it for me since they've known each other for a long time so he should listen to him, hopefully. Won't hurt to try.

I went to town to see if I could find the runt anywhere and as expected he was there with Mimosa and some other chick with pink hair, I sighed and pulled him into an alleyway away from the girls. "Wha-"

"Listen, Yuno is obviously sick and-" "What!? Sick!? How!? Ever since we were in Hage Yuno was so good at not getting sick, I was always the one getting sick, then sister Lilly-" at that point, it was just random muttering. "Well! He is, and he refuses to accept it. I need you to go in there and tell him to rest before his fever gets worse." He nodded. I used my spatial magic to get us to the office. Not surprisingly he was passed out. The black bull's brat picked him up and asked where his room was. I showed him it and closed the door leaving the vice-captain in his hands.

Asta pov

Needless to say, I was panicking. How did Yuno get sick? He's always so healthy, eats healthy, and nitpicks me about being healthy. I don't get it! I sigh and go into Yuno's bathroom. I was also very jealous. How come they get their own bathroom!? There's only one in our whole base and most of the time Captain Yami's using it. I sigh and grab a towel along with some cold water. I move the hair covering Yuno's forehead and place the towel on it. I go back to the bathroom and look around to see if there's a thermometer. Bingo! I grab the thermometer and put it in Yuno's mouth. It read 102°F (38°C). I frown at the results and put the thermometer away, dunk the towel on Yuno's head into cold water then put it back. I did the process a few times.

I heard a knock at the door and went to open it. It was Mimosa. She gasped when she saw Yuno's condition. "Is he ok?" She ran over to him with worry on her face. "He'll live, he just had a high fever," I reassured her. "How high?" He questioned. "102°F (38°C)." She frowned upon hearing that. "Don't worry though, I've been sick way too many times as a child, I know how to take care of him properly." I smiled at her, she blushed for some reason. "Oh i-i know you can, I'm just worried, sorry."

"No problem!" She nodded and left the room face red. Wonder if she's sick too (Asta is too dense for this world). I replaced the towel on Yuno's head again and waited hoping he'd wake up.

After 10 minutes I saw his eyes open. "Yuno!" I yelped. He winced, I probably shouldn't be screaming. "Are you ok?" I said more calmly. "W-where am I?" He questioned feebly looking around. "In your room. And no you cannot leave. You have a fever of 102! You cannot continue working." Yuno tried to protest but I wouldn't budge. "Nope. You will stay here and rest until your fever comes down."

"But-"

"No buts! And if you're wondering, Langris is filling in for you for the time being. So don't worry about work. Just rest. He was about to protest but just sighed. "Fine." He muttered, I smiled. "Great!"

Before I knew it Yuno was already fast asleep, and I chuckled. I looked at Yuno and then looked at his lips, it was so tempting. I know I shouldn't but- fuck it. I gave Yuno a quick peck on the lips before turning bright red, covering my face. I'm an idiot, but I'm in love with the idiot in front of me as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus: Langris pov: I sigh, finally getting done with the rest of the paperwork, it wasn't too much since Yuno finished most of his, speaking of him I might as well check on his condition. When I peeked through the door I saw the black bulls scolding Yuno telling him he can't go out and needed to rest. When he finally agreed it seemed he went back to sleep. The brat replaced his towel and looked at him. What the fuck was he doing? My eyes widened as I realized he kissed him. This dumbass is gay and going to get sick. I shake my head and close the door once more pretending I did see anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello again weebs! I really hope you enjoyed this story. As always if you have any fic ideas please share them with me (no smut) and also vote! Both would help me a ton and if you like my story please consider following me. The only followers I really have are my friends, so please consider following and have an amazing day/night!

Word count: 1414