Hōki (2012)

The wind was pleasantly warm tonight, and Raphael gave a tired sigh.

Hot thunderstorms suck, he thought and he glanced upwards at the rain falling down like embers of a fire, each one warmer than the last.

Supposed to be cold, not warm. Bleugh.

The whole Hamato Clan knew about Raphael's dislikes. He had only few, no matter what it may seem. Cockroaches, retreating, and hot rain. Man, he despised hot rain.

So why was he currently out in the open, showering warmly with the cool wet surface of building tops against his tired feet?

One word.

Mikey.

Raphael grumbled under his breath when he remembered his younger brother. His older one forced him to look for him, after a fight had broken out between the two, and Mikey had stormed out. No one else had seen the angry desperate tears in his little bro's eyes, but Raph did; so when Leo had told him to go search for him, Raph didn't protest.

Stupid Leo. Making me do his dirty work.

Truthfully, the red banded mutant was concerned, and maybe a bit worried. The reason the fight broke out in the first place was because Mikey had accidentally screamed when the lights turned out, due to the thunderstorm. To be fair, Leo had seemed to be grouchy all day, and it looked like Mikey's reaction of fear tipped him over the edge.

Leo had yelled at the youngest about fears, how they were childish, and how Mikey had to grow up if he wanted to stay in this sewer-hold. This family.

Even Raph knew he had gone too far, when Mikey had stormed off in a fit of bottled up rage and discontent. Whereas Raph did not like thunderstorms, Mikey was afraid of them. The second oldest did not know why, but he hoped he would find out soon.

He sighed once more and wiped his forehead with a wet grimace. He had spotted Mikey, not too long ago, perched upon one of the many water tanks in New York City. His orange band danced violently in the hot wind and Raph saw tremors leave his brother's body every now and then.

His heart panged at the red tinge left in the soft blue eyes.

"What are you doing here, Raphie? You could catch a cold!" Mikey's sweet voice piped up, back still turned towards him. The red banded brother warmed at the concern embedded deep in his voice.

Oh Mikey,

"You're one to talk, knucklehead."

Raph swung by and sat beside Mikey, legs swinging over the edge and stretching his arms with a loud groan.

Mikey chuckled at his big brother's antics and opened his eyes to peer at him. Raphael rubbed his head affectionately and the youngest pushed up against his touch.

They both stayed there for a moment, relishing in the warmness that bloomed in their chests.

"What's gotcha up here, Mikester? Thought you hated storms," Raph said after a moment or two, hesitantly as to not break the comfortable atmosphere.

Mikey's smile dimmed slightly, but he forced it back on his face again when he saw Raph's expression.

"Nothing bro! Just enjoying the sweet, sweet rain. Also, for your information, I am NOT SCARED OF STORMS," he emphasised the last couple of words, each word getting a poke on Raph's cheek.

The red loving turtle smirked and grabbed Mikey, rubbing his fist into Mike's head and the youngest gave a shriek of laughter, which turned into a gasp when lightning cracked the sky in two.