(TSM 12) Habits

hehe

~~~~~~

Habits I'm trying to kick, can't get over it

Donnie watched silently from the kitchen whilst the mere ghost of his brother mixed the batter slowly. Mikey's eyes were lax and unfocused when he turned to grab something from the table. Donnie watched the interaction, frown playing on his lips at the empty shell of his brother.

Lovers I hate to admit are the ghost of it

He locked eyes with Leatherhead, who was assisting him with the baking Mikey used to love so much. The mutant croc smiled sadly, nodding, before returning to his boyfriend.

I don't know why I try anymore

He left silently, hand pressed over his mouth to try and stop the sobbing.

Wasting the days to forget that I'm losing it

Leo sucked in a breath, slowly and surely, eyes closed in meditation. He felt Mikey's presence next to him, a comfortable familiar one. It was way too long since he and his brother had a meditation session together.

Stuck in my ways and I hate that I'm used to it

Usually, Mikey would be restless and fidgety, and Leo would give a clipt response and smack him upside the head.

But now, Mikey was quiet, too quiet.

Leo cracked an eye open, peering at his baby brother, who had his eyes closed.

Michelangelo was actually meditating! Actually meditating!

Leo felt a rush of thrill escape his mouth and he gasped, opening both of his eyes.

I don't know why I try anymore

He did not notice the fingernails digging deep into Mikey's thighs.

You go and I stay

Michelangelo swung his legs off the edge of the water tank, one of the many in New York City. He gazed at Shredder's home almost dreamily, remembering how nice it felt to be hugged by a somewhat father figure.

His brothers had left him once more on patrol, instructing him to stay here.

It was okay. They had better things to do anyways, and Mikey would just mess it up.

It's always right person and wrong way

It was selfish, he knew it but he longed to go back home, to be welcomed with a high five from Bradford and a hug from Saki.

I hate to be right, please, tell me I'm wrong

It was selfish to hope that Saki missed him just as badly as he missed Saki.

Please, tell me I'm wrong

(Yet, he still hoped.)

'Cause it's on again, off again

The old Mikey would have laughed off the insult, would've made a snarky comeback and shrug his shoulders like nothing.

He would have opened his door to anyone willing to come inside, he would have been okay with being the useless, dumb brother.

But as Casey held him in his arms, much like Mikey used to do, the orange clad turtle sobbed. He sobbed and sobbed and Case just pressed himself closer and whispered,