(TSM 6) Little Lion Man

Casey:)

~~~~~~~

Weep for yourself, my man

Casey grinned as he shot another water balloon towards his friend, shrieking when he felt the watery slimy mixture run cold down his neck. Michelangelo burst out laughing, his mask slipping off his face and falling around his neck.

You'll never be what is in your heart

Casey stared at his face, thoughts running millions miles a minute through his head as he took in Mikey's face, the one behind the mask.

How could a person be so...joyous?

Weep, little lion man

The long haired human cried silently, drowsy from the drugs in his system and sniffling at pin prick after pin prick on his arm. He tilted his head upwards, gazing at the mutant above him with almost wondrous, drunk eyes. Mikey smiled gently down at him, tucking a stray lock of hair behind his ear and speaking gently at him, whilst Donnie checked him over once more, already taking care of his boyfriend's injuries.

You're not as brave as you were at the start

Mikey talked about space heroes, he talked about the trashy comic books they read together, he talked about Ice Cream Kitty and Leatherhead, and how he was so excited to introduce Casey to them.

And Casey kept staring at him, even when Donnie held him close and Mikey shut the door quietly behind him.

He was half out of mind with pain and drugs, but even he saw the fragile disturbance embedded in Mikey's eyes.

Rate yourself and rake yourself

Casey held his boyfriend's hand silently, a loving agreement when he squeezed it and Donnie squeezed back. He wondered if Donnie knew about the prank he and Mikey had schemed together, once he walked into his lab.

Take all the courage you have left

But Casey wasn't prepared for the yelling, the screaming, the scolding that erupted from Don's frustrated tired mouth once the tub of goo fell on his head.

And waste it on fixing all the problems

Casey shouldn't have blamed it on Mikey.

That you made in your own head

He shouldn't have.

But it was not your fault but mine

Now he ran fast and faster, breaths fogging up before him in the night time air, hockey stick ready in his hand and his eyes glowing through his masks.

And it was your heart on the line

Casey needed Mikey back. He needed to apologise. He needed to hug him and say sorry over and over and he had to make him swear he'd never leave again.

I really fucked it up this time

I really fucked up this time.

Didn't I, my dear?

Didn't I, Mikey?

Didn't I, my-

Didn't I...

"Tremble for yourself, my man"

Mikey stared down at his feet in front of Splinter, as Casey watched silently from the doorway of the dojo.

"You know that you have seen this all before"