(TSM 11) Romantic Homicide

oop~

~~~~~~

I'm scared

Mikey awoke with a feral gasp, sitting up on his bed wildly, flicking on the bed table light and looking around frantically.

It feels like you don't care

After his heart stopped racing, he let his shoulders drop, looking at his own brothers who were all asleep in his room. Donnie slept closest to the bed, with Raph and Leo not too far behind.

He watched them wearily, too scared to wake them up and just wanting to go back home.

Enlighten me, my dear

He wondered why they came back for him. Was his disappearance not enough? Were they not happy while he was gone? Maybe they just needed a better cook?

Why am I still here?

They had said some things about 'missing him' and 'wanting him back'. But did they really?

I don't mean to be complacent with the decisions you made

He didn't want to go behind Leo's order but...,

But why?

But why? Why did they come back? Why did they come for him? Why won't they just let him be happy?

In the back of my mind

Mikey reached out, taking the orange and black bandanas that hung sadly on his bed, and looked at them.

You died

He eyed the orange one, quietly emitting a prayer to that dead soul.

And I didn't even cry

Michelangelo didn't know why he didn't cry when he left them. He feared for something else.

But you can't fear. That's part of being a ninja.

No, not a single tear

No wonder they didn't want you.

And I'm sick of waiting patiently for someone that won't even arrive

He threw the bandanas onto the floor, and they swayed silently before landing on top of each other.

In the back of my mind

He ached to scream and scream until his throat bled, scratch and scratch until nothing was left, nothing at all.

"I killed you!"

He shrieked in his mind, relentlessly stabbing the smiling, happy version of who he once was.

And I didn't even even regret it

Orange this orange that. He stabbed and stabbed until the whole thing bled away to reveal black. Black like his mask. Black like his mask.

I can't believe I said it

Who was he? To try and make himself happy? You would always be the useless brother, the burden of the family and nothing would ever change that.

But it's true

And it's true.

Mikey let his head fall into his hands.

I hate you