(TSM 10) The adults are talking

Shredder:)

~~~~~~~~~

"They've been sayin', "You're sophisticated""

Saki sighed, and pressed the bridge of his nose. He was slumped on his throne chair thingy, helmet in his lap and Mikey yapping on the stairs next to him.

"They're complainin', overeducated"

He was talking about his brothers, why? He had no idea. Saki eyed him wearily and Mikey caught his gaze.

You are saying all the words I'm dreaming

He quietened, and gave him a sheepish smile.

"Sorry," Mikey croaked out, and resumed playing with the orange bandana in his hands. Saki frowned and leaned forward, tilting Mikey's chin up to resume their conversation.

"Say it after me"

"You're allowed to talk here, turtle. Only someone cruel would prevent that."

"Say it after me"

"I'm allowed to talk here, only someone cruel would prevent that."

"They will blame us, crucify and shame us"

"They will blame you, crucify and shame you."

"We can't help it if we are a problem"

"You can't help it if you are a problem."

"We are tryin' hard to get your attention"

"You were trying to get their attention."

I'm climbin' up your wall

"Don't forget, you're only a child too."

Climbin' up your wall

He was taken back by the way Mikey launched himself at him, a long hug that had him rubbing his shell soothingly, ignoring the tears that soaked the back of his shirt,

He could get used to this.

"Don't go there 'cause you'll never return"

Oruku joked, pointing at the mysterious substance oozing out of one of Flaxter Muckman (or was it Static Corpseman?) beakers. They were in his lab, and Mikey marvelled at the atmosphere of being in here without being killed.

I know you think of me when you think of her

Shredder watched as Mikey explored the room, a fond but unusual smile on his own face as he did. When Karai was younger, she was exactly like him.

He missed her, no matter how much he pushed it down.

But then it don't make sense when you're tryin' hard

He shouldn't have taken her from Yoshi, but he didn't know what he did wrong in raising her. He tried so hard.

To do the right thing but without recompense

Was it so wrong? He didn't understand why Karai left him to be with her birth father, especially since he was the one to raise her, not Yoshi.

And then you did something wrong and you said it was great

He sat down gruffly on one of Sackman's Blooxters chairs and spun around. What he did was wrong, but it was right.

And now you don't know how you could ever complain

Saki's eyes trailed back up to his new son, and smiled when he sneezed, purple flower in hand and pollen surrounding him.

Because you're all confused 'cause you want me to