Nova

Nova

Nova was full of activity by the time Valerie arrived. The dance floor rippled with bodies as loud music thundered through the room. Alcohol flowed as bar staff struggled to keep up with demand while all over couples discovered each other, shared conversation and disappeared into the shadows.

It was one of the city’s most popular clubs and a favourite hangout of Aria’s. Since turning 18, Valerie had been here often. It was a place of innocent excitement and constant stimulation, a dream factory of adolescent desire.

Valerie dressed comfortably. She wore tight, skinny jeans with a thin white belt. They were pale blue and left nothing of the curvature of her lower body to the imagination of those who gazed upon her.

She wore a soft white top that showed off her cleavage, a leather biker jacket with silver studs and sophisticated boots to match. She wore purple lingerie, the same shade as her dark lipstick and completed the ensemble with a delicate bracelet given to her by a friend, one of her few happy memories. Her bra felt soft against her breasts and was partially on view to those who looked. Her thong, like her reflection was invisible.

Valerie eased her way slowly through the club. She could feel the hearts of those she passed beating wildly, their blood pumping passionately through their bodies. She squeezed between two men, making eye contact with one as she pressed her ass up against the other. She had an animalistic gaze. She brushed her body against a petite waitress, employed for her exotic beauty and sensual charm. She was Indian and her skin was soft. They shared a moment. Then she moved on.

She moved with composure and confidence and danced with her body as she advanced. Men looked at her and wanted her. They wanted to discover what treasure lay hidden beneath her clothes. She was an object of sexual desire and it empowered her. Never before had she felt like this.

Valerie noticed Aria from afar. Her hair was long and golden blonde, her features distinct and attractive. She had a small nose and delicate lips with piercing blue eyes. She was a little smaller than Valerie and looked rather innocent as she danced by herself on the spot, sipping her cocktail through her straw, unaware she was being stalked.

Valerie circled her, hidden from view and examined her intricately. As a vampire she found she was able to take in more detail in every situation than ever before and it was a delightful experience. Valerie could almost feel the texture of Aria’s short black dress, feel the sharpness of her heels as they pressed against the floor below and taste the sugar on her lips – remnants of the mojito held gently in her hand.

Aria and Valerie had been friends since they were young and both had been as popular in spite of Valerie’s shyness. Aria had led an easier life but she empathised with Valerie who suffered the turmoil of a broken home – a father who was never home, a mother addicted to drugs and an older brother, locked away for a crime he did commit.

In recent years, Aria discovered her bisexuality and grew comfortable in herself. Valerie never felt such peace. The subject of sex intimidated her. She had suffered abuse at the hands of one she trusted and it broke what little spirit she had left. It had been the final link in a long chain of events that pushed her to the fringe. Vampires were an escape, a way to start things over – fresh and free from the shackles of pain and embarrassing shame.

Aria was Valerie’s confidant. They discussed everything from overbearing teachers to handsome boys, gossiping girls to music and clothes, fairytales and dreams, desires and so much more.

Now everything was different. Valerie was a vampire and Aria didn’t even know. The one time Valerie brought it up, Aria laughed it off as nonsense. She was a disbeliever but soon that would change.

Valerie was no longer intimidated. She was confident and strong but was confused as to what her friendship with Aria now meant. She was human, Valerie was not. That made her prey. She listened as Aria’s heart beat softly. She felt it, such a small little thing that kept her alive and could so easily be stopped, her life ended.

Now Valerie felt playful. She licked her lips and considered her options carefully. She could kill Aria and watch in pleasure as her eyes grew faint, exhilarated by her expression of fear and dismay. She could take her, drink her blood and leave her body on the dance floor, shocking onlookers and stealing their innocence. She could turn Aria and share with her the blissful nature of her new existence. So many choices, all sinful and delicious.

Valerie approached Aria from behind, her neck looked appetising. She had been human once but she was different now. She knew what she wanted.

follow @PrincePegasus