Frozen

Frozen

Nico studied the security feed. Lucia was performing. Naked now, she twisted down to the floor and crawled along the stage. With curvaceous hips and pouting lips she delighted one and all. Then rolling over on her back and playing with her hair – she teased and tempted suggestively while kicking in the air.

Nico turned away. He was frustrated. He had just spent the last hour playing pool with Thorn. What he wanted now was to find a human slut, to cut her up with his knife and leave her bleeding on the street. He wasn’t even hungry. He needed entertainment, something to bide his time.

‘Another one dead,’ Sabian said, entering the room in disgust. Nico turned to face him and gestured for an explanation. ‘The cocktail... Lucy,’ Sabian said, ‘that big guy, Anders, he killed the bitch... sucked her dry and left her dead.’

Nico frowned. ‘He paid?’ First man to Alex – Nico bore responsibility. That duty belonged to him.

Sabian smiled. ‘Yeah he paid. Grant kicked him out. I told Sven and Liebgott to kill him... but seriously, what’s wrong with him? Show a little constraint, it’s pathetic!’

‘What about Lucy, her body,’ Nico asked, ‘you need someone to dump it?’

‘Don’t worry about it,’ Sabian replied, ‘I’ve got Leon on it.’ Nico turned away. He was bored. He was underused and he needed something to take away the doubt that plagued his mind. The business with Caine bothered him. If it was his decision the gangster would be dead – buried now with Lucy, in a cold ditch at the city’s edge or dumped in Fontana Bay.

Sabian brushed his blazer. He was particular about the little things. Trafficking wasn’t a problem for him, but lint – now that was a major issue. ‘That girl’s gone missing, the one who stole my car.’

‘Valerie,’ Nico asked?

‘That’s the one,’ Sabian said, ‘boss heard it from, Jack maybe... I don’t know. Personally, I’m glad. She’d no respect and it’s better off she’s dead.’

‘That wasn’t your car,’ Nico clarified, ‘and of course you’re glad, she kicked your head in.’ Sabian didn’t respond, he focused on the lint. ‘I’m gonna go see Alex,’ Nico finished, heading for the door.

‘Pool,’ Thorn asked? Sabian ignored the question. The lint required focus.

Nico knocked on the door. ‘What is it,’ came the voice from inside the room? Entering now, Nico took a seat by Alex’s desk and paused for a moment, watching the boss complete his work. He looked like an accountant. He was a shell of the man he used to be – why could no one see it?

‘I heard about the girl,’ Nico said, ‘Valerie... she’s gone missing oui?’ Alex looked up from his papers. He met Nico’s eyes. The Frenchman’s expression was cold – like the night they met in Paris in the winter of ‘41.

‘So I hear,’ Alex replied, ‘dead too... doesn’t really affect us now.’ Nico could tell he was lying. Valerie’s disappearance off the street was further evidence of Caine’s deceit. What’s more, Alex liked the bitch – why did he have to lie? Who was he fooling now? Not Nico. No – he was too smart, too intelligent for that. He should have been sitting in Alex’s seat. That way, Caine wouldn’t have been an issue.

‘I was thinking,’ Nico offered, ‘Caine is a lying piece of shit. Maybe it’s time to fight back, we’re losing ground against him and he’s taking from our pocket.’ Nico got it off his chest – Alex had to listen!

‘It’s dangerous when you think,’ the boss replied, ‘and that’s why I’m in charge.’ A quick insult was usually enough to put him down. He still had Nico’s respect. He still commanded fear.

‘I could kill him personally,’ Nico suggested, ‘take him out, c’était mon plaisir.’ Nico wet his lips. ‘In fact, when you were away... on your trip, on your holiday, and I was in command... we made gains against him!’

‘I said no,’ Alex said with anger. Nico was pushing him. He didn’t like it. One month of power must have gone to Nico’s head. ‘Go check the gambling den... if anyone’s cheating you have my permission to kill them.’ Raw violence – that was Nico’s talent.

Nico stood up from his seat and prepared himself to leave. He wasn’t happy. He knew he was frozen out. ‘Well if I have your permission,’ he uttered under his breath, stepping through the door.

Alex sat alone, lost in Nico’s words. Was he right? Was Caine slowly taking over, should something have been done? He wiped his hand across his face, how could he lead like this? Deep inside he wasn’t right. Six months on, from the holiday as Nico put it – now he was worse than ever. What of Valerie? Why was she important? In that moment he wanted help. He wanted to call on Jack, ask him to come in. Alex gazed at the phone, stopping himself – he finally withdrew his hand. He had cast Jack out. There was no way back for him.

Nico was through with the gambling den, now he was with the girls. Backstage, Erica was getting ready. Wearing just a corset, he smelled her human blood. He could have had her if he wanted, yet that would have led to trouble. Grant cared for her and Alex favoured his host. Nico had Grant’s command, still it would have been an issue. In the end, Nico let it go – but the politics annoyed him.

Amy was in a towel, she’d been in use all night. Bianca too was finishing up, while Carmen prepared herself for sex. Carmen was a favourite of a local football player. Gunner for the Lanton Lions, he’d only ask for her. Sabrina was still on stage and Violet was serving drinks. Coco and Belle were cleaning up – they were finished for the night.

To the back of the room was Lucia. Nico watched her from a distance as she quietly got dressed. He wanted her body most of all – she was a jewel, the treasure of the club. Long hair and sinful curves – she was Aphrodite in the flesh. ‘You want some help with that,’ Nico asked, standing behind her now as she struggled with her dress. Lucia turned her head. Her mouth was open and her lips looked ready for what he had in mind.

‘Sure,’ she said softly.

Standing up to face him, Nico turned her on her feet and slowly zipped her up. He moved his hands down her body and up along her legs. Squeezing her ass with pleasure, he pressed her up against the wall and moved in for a kiss. Lucia quickly pushed him off. ‘Remember your place,’ she hissed. With that she turned to leave and promptly walked away. Alex would be waiting. She had to go and play.

Nico held his nerve but when she was gone he lost control. He kicked against her wooden stool and cracked it into pieces. Alex wasn’t good enough – for her, for command itself. He should have had control! Wasn’t he the one who led the charge when something should be done? Wasn’t he the one who took command when Alex was away?

No note, no notice to say he had to leave – Alex had gone missing! Nico ruled the club until Alex did return. An urgent trip to Europe, that was his excuse. Control was his but in the end he gave it up – he should have made his challenge then! Why had he been frozen? Why did he not act? Nico took a breath of warm and stuffy air. Time had come to thaw, time to finally care.

follow @PrincePegasus