Consumed by Rage

Consumed by Rage

Raul was consumed by rage. He gazed down at the helpless vampire and continued to torture the soulless beast. Christopher, his lover, was dead and nothing could bring him back. A bullet had thorn him away and now every other bullet would be used for one thing and one thing alone... revenge.

‘You’re a sick little thing, aren’t you?’ said Raul with malice and contempt. The vampire could hardly hear him. He was already in too much pain. Acid dripped from his body, through to his bone as he moaned and muttered in an uncontrolled lament of agony and sorrow.

Raul stood above him, empowered and dominant. His eyes were red from tears. He wore a baby blue netted vest and a pair of white khaki pants. His boots were black and tipped with steel, just like Christopher’s. They had been a two for one special, a memory now tainted by the intervention of vampire scum.

A pair of aviator sunglasses decorated his messy black hair and a machete hung from his bright red belt. He was flamboyant yet masculine, hard handed and ruthlessly brave. He despised vampires and on this day, Raul had more reason to hate them than he ever had before.

‘There’s no... escape!’ screamed Raul as he watched the vampire crawl away. He was right. The abandoned warehouse was desolate and remote. The broken windows that lined the walls and the rusty old rafters that held up the roof, created an environment of misery and decay.

The vampire was trapped, enclosed in a small triangle of ultraviolet light. It was a cheap but effective setup that Raul created using three special flashlights that were pointed at one another. He held a glass of treacherous acid in his left hand and poured it across the vampire’s rotting skin without remorse. Screams of pain echoed through the lonely warehouse as Raul took wicked pleasure from this vengeful and sadistic act. He was compromised by intolerance and fuelled by hatred.

The vampire was a loner, independent of any house within the city. The higher echelons of vampiric power had no interest in his life and soon he would be dead. Raul had captured him with the intent to trade him for profits and spoils, as Lanton was a backward place where vampires were wanted alive. Suits here were interested in study, research and exploration. They had no real concept of what vampires were at their essence and to their core... sick beasts, soulless animals, dastardly creatures and minions of evil... the immoral monsters of Satan.

Tonight things were different. Raul was furious and this vampire was destined to die. His mind was hell bent on inflicting anguish and torment and he cared little for lost profits.

Raul smashed the glass down against the vampire’s back. It shattered on impact and splattered the last of the acid across the demon’s skin. Broken glass impaled his back but all he could do was whimper in distress. The vampire was losing its mind. It had reached breaking point.

‘Please...’ cried the vampire as it trembled in terror, ‘please kill me!’ Raul looked down as the creature wriggled in pain. The bone on its right arm was exposed with the muscle and flesh eroded away. Raul moved closer and kicked down in a brutal blow, snapping the vampire’s arm straight off in a vindictive crack of broken bone.

The vampire screamed again as Raul gripped his cold machete and began slicing into the monster’s back. Then he turned it over, lay down on its chest and sunk the blade into its heart. He severed its aorta and ripped it from its body. The vampire grew weak beneath him and without its heart, crumbled to dust in dejection and despair.

Raul stood up and took a moment to catch his breath. The creature had suffered at his hands but for Raul it wasn’t enough. He promised himself, to seek out the true killer of his lover, to find the one who stole his soul mate and to inflict upon him a world of pain. Raul was resolute. He would have his retribution. He would have his revenge.

follow @PrincePegasus