17

"Levi! Just take a photo!" I cradled the bouquet around my arms.

"Okay okay, I was just waiting for the right time." His film camera clicks and we head off to look at the shops around the area. "This dress would look so pretty on you." He points at a vintage, black velvet, floor length Vivienne Westwood dress in a window display.

"I need that dress! Even if it is too small or large, I would die for a vintage Vivienne Westwood dress." We stepped inside the store and immediately headed towards the window display that we saw from outside. I checked the price and size on the tag. "I will take it."

"Hi, can I help you?" A store attendant comes up to Levi and I.

"Yes, can I get this Vivienne Westwood dress please?" I smile as much as I can.

"No, it is just for display purposes. We're not selling it." She spoke very quickly, and I felt slapped by her words.

With eyebrows raised, Levi asks, "So why does it have a price tag and is at the window?".

"It must have been when the owner bought the dress. Sorry." The store attendant quickly turns on her heels and walks away.

"What a bitch, this is stupid. Why would it be displayed with a price tag if it is not for sale?" I complained to Levi. After we came out of that snooty store, Levi and I said our goodbyes. We hoped the pictures of us hugging would circle Twitter to make Regie jealous.

A couple of hours later, the pictures were ready, but not as exciting as I wanted. What was I expecting? I hung out with a guy and the worst thing I did was hug him goodbye and tell him he was hot. Should have made it more obvious.

—---

Regie's POV

All I had been doing was scrolling all day. Passing time just to avoid what was going on. Jessie has not tried to contact me and usually I would just go out with someone else but that felt wrong. It made me sick to think about other girls.

"Regie, you see your girlfriend out with some dude?" Seb said after coming into my room.

"I do not think she is my girl no more." I sigh.

"Well, maybe you need to win her back and explain what happened." Seb suggests.

"I do not know, the truth is more horrible than what she thinks." I mumbled. Jessie did not even know that I slept over and I did not want to tell her but I had to if I was going to be clean.

"What are you trying to do?" Seb asks laying next to me in bed.

"I do not know. Lemme see the pictures." I sighed, maybe seeing her with the boy might make me feel better. I will probably get so jealous that I will want to find someone else. Seb hands me his phone and I look at the photos the paparazzi took. I know the guy, Levi. She met him at a party and I was pretty sure he was gay. I eventually got a photo of her pointing at this dress in a store called Topanga Vintage. The next photo was her inside looking at the dress, and the next was her looking sad and empty handed.

Seb, let's get this dress." I got up and started to form a plan.

"But that dress is going to be expensive." He whined.

"I do not care cuh, let's go get it for Jess."