Prologue

"Jung. Jung do you copy?"

I've stepped on the pedal harder.

I have your pregnant wife with me, Hanz. If you wanted to see Jia alive, you will follow all my instructions.

"Jung, answer the freaking radio!!!!" The other line shouted.

"What?" I hissed. I glanced at my other phone.

"Do not do anything reckless or impulsive. We will find her ."

Reckless?

"Really?" It was a snarl. "You let her slip away under your watch when I reported back to Seoul. Now she's being hostage by that lunatic and all you cay say is for me to stay put?"

"Haein---"

"I swear to God, that psycho killer laid his finger on her, you are all dead. I will make sure to wipe out the entire Jeju station out of the police force. Now let me do my job and find her, a simple job you all failed to do."

"You----"

I impatiently ended the radio call and dialled another number.

"Gene, do you have her coordinates?"

"Yes, I'll send it over to this number. Your workphone is monitored by SMPA right?" Gene asked.

"Yeah, they are waiting for the lunatic's call." I replied. "I'll drop now. I have to get her fast."

"Careful with your words, brother. The SMPA and the Jeju Police Station will be hearing all your conversations with the killer. Two things, be calm and prolong the call so they could track his location and second, don't try to piss him off no matter what. If you want Jisoo safe."

I took a heavy sigh.

"You know I won't wait for his call. I will get her no matter what Gene." I muttered angrily.

"What happened to the rule book Jung?" She mocked.

"Throwing them out of the window now as we speak. I will make my own move. Fuck the law."

She chuckled at the end.

"I have to go Gene. Thanks."

My eyes focused on the road now. Another incoming call.

"Sir." I greeted.

"No calls yet?"

"If no one's bothering to call this number, the killer must have been calling me." I snapped back.

"You have a nasty way of kicking out my balls Jung. I am still your superintendent."

"I don't give a fucking damn right now even if you are the president. If you did not entrust her custody to them and asked me to report back, we are not in this situation right now, so yeah, I am blaming you, Sir."

"Watch your language inspector."

"I am respectfully hanging up now."

Fuck all of you.

I checked the coordinates Gene sent me. Thirty minutes. It will took me thirty minutes to get her.

Another incoming.

"Hi Hanz!!!"

The lunatic.

"Where is my wife?" I asked calmly. As much as I wanted to freak out now, the entire crime investigation division is listening.

"She's here with me." I tried to capture any noise from her, but no luck.

"I wanted to hear her voice, please."

Hurt her or I will rip your heart out, I swear.

"I wanted to play a little game with you Hanz. Of all my victims, your wife seemed to be the feistiest and the prettiest. What about we make a little detour of my usual plan?

Don't you ever dare touch her.

"Please, I am begging you. Do not hurt her and our baby."

Feed his pride. Show him you are afraid. He is lunatic Haein. He could hurt Jisoo anytime. Make sure to stall all possible time until we reach her. Never ever trigger anything on his end. Gene's words echoed at me.

"Can I talk to her, please?" I begged.

There was brief silence at the other line, until I heard ragged breathings.

Jisoo.

"Hanz, baby." Relief flooded my entire system when I heard her voice.

Baby if its free and safe to talk, honey if not.

Do we really have to make up call names huh Jung?

Its just a code Kim. Use any of it to alarm me, especially if its a phone call.

Baby if you are okay. Honey if not.

Whatever.

We are acting as couples. Do you want me to call you Kim and you call me Jung?

"Baby---"

The entire SMPA might have their eyes wide opened now, not knowing our codes.

"Are you scared?" I asked, trying to calculate my words.

"A little bit. You'll be here right?" she whispered.

"Yeah." It was almost breathless. "Did he hurt you?" I asked.

"No he didn't. Or not yet. My one hand is handcuffed on the window."

I slightly chuckled and I knew she was also smiling on the other end.

"Don't pull the handcuff trick to him. I'll kill him if you'll do that."

Her handcuff trick.

"Oh freaking No." she replied. "Hanz, get me out of here."

"I promise. You and our baby."

"Hanz....."

"It's Haein...."

It was a flat silence. I don't know if anyone else from the entire force understood.

A text message popped out from my other phone.

Got her loc. We will be there in less than an hour. SMPA.

I will be there faster, in 20. My mind says.

"I am okay Honey. I'll be okay." Her voice was now really nervous. My grip on the steering wheel tightened.

Honey. Danger.

"Hi Hanz. Should we start now our little game?" He sounded so hyped on the other line.

"What should I do?" I asked sounding desperate.

"Nothing. All you do is just listen."

Jisoo's loud scream echoed in my ears, pain and fear, and my heart wanted to scream too. My blood pumped on my veins heavier, making me giddy of anxiousness.

I tried to control my voice more.

"Why is my wife screaming? What did you do to her?" My jaws clenched tightly as I say the words.

Jisoo is tenacious and strong. Little pain won't make her flinch. Hearing her scream meant something happened.

Another message. Don't fret Jung. SMPA.

"Just some knife on her skin, Hanz. Jia is very very pretty. And her blood is turning me on more. Should I wait for you or should I take her now?"

12 minutes.

"I am sending you our location. No police, Hanz. Or else, she's dead. Don't worry, the two of you will be together in ever after."

The call ended.

No psycho. I will save her no matter what.

And I will throw you in the pits of hell.