03

Jisoo

Crime scene, do not cross.

The crime police ribbon welcomed Namjun, Insub and I as we arrived at the crime scene. Police officers cordoned the place fast, a police officer was getting statements from neighbors, and there were several gossipers present, curious of what had happened. I make a quick scan on our small crowd checking for any suspicious person blended with bystanders. Mostly were elderly woman buzzing like bees, few elderly men also exchanging talks who were probably within the community since they are wearing home clothes, and someone captured my attention: a man wearing a black hooded jacket and a mask, eyeing on the scene.

Some basic criminal mindset, go back to the crime scene and see the aftermath of what you have done.

I already took few steps to go to the crowd when Insub grabbed me by the arm. "Let's go inside."

My eyes darted back to where the man was standing, but he was nowhere to be found. We went inside the house.

I was surprised. It doesn't even look like a crime scene.

We've shown our IDs to the forensics team, and they handed us nitrile gloves to avoid contamination of the scene, then letting us roam around.

Insub and Namjun probed since literally I am not authorized to gather information, but I looked around the crime scene, silently observing.

"The victims are Harold and Elaine Cheng, 25 and 23, newly weds, and they are expecting their first baby in 6 months time. The lady is three months pregnant. More than ten stab wounds for the female, mostly fatal, main cause of death. One huge slit on the neck for the male, hemorrhagic shock. Those are our initial findings. " The investigator from the forensics team narrated. "There are no signs of forced entry, meaning the victims knew who the suspect was. Murder weapon was missing. We already gathered fingerprints and possible DNA samples around, hair, saliva, blood, semen.

Again It was the same modus.

"She was---

He looked around us especially to me and Insub gave an approving look to him. I was not part of the team but I still belong to Jeju unit.

---she was sexually assaulted. The culprit recorded it on the cellphone that was left beside the victim."

Third time, this is the third time.

"We already made interviews among neighbors for any suspicious people around the couple, we also gathered CCTV footages nearby. They just recently moved in on this community, and we already contacted the relatives of the victims for identification."

"Any possible witnesses?" Namjun, asked.

"Nearest neighbor heard loud screams coming from the house. But then after few minutes, there was all silence. She thought the wife might have just seen an insect or something. Another neighbor saw a man leaving the backdoor casually, a man wearing a black hoodie, but he wasn't able to identify as he wore a black mask. And then the person who reported the crime, their weekly house helper

"The bodies?"

"Sent to morgue for further examination. Our initial findings will be verfied after the autopsy. The results of the autopsy will be released the soonest time possible Sir."

Basic initial reports.

The officer addressed Insub and Namjun. One police officer came in, whispering something to him.

"Excuse me Sir, I just need to take a call from the patrol car." He left the three of us inside.

"I swear this case looks familiar to me." Namjun strolled around the area. He made his way on the balcony together with Insub. My eye darted on the picture frame above the bedside table.