12

Jisoo

He was calm and collected,  lively and joyous. No one would have thought he was a potential serial murderer.

Though of course, he is still innocent until proven guilty. We only have a very little circumstantial evidence to link him on the murder case, not even enough evidence to arrest him. I have glanced through a lot of autopsy and post mortem reports, watched a lot of serial killing documentaries, read a lot of crime books about gruesome killings and stuff, on how some killers, especially serial ones DO NOT show any remorse or guilt. If I am to believe that, Aaron Smith - our target -  fits to that narrative.

An unfazed soul running his own restaurant after losing his wife and unborn baby at such a young age.

"Target locked." A careless whisper dragged me out from my ocean of thoughts of Smith. It was Jung's mouth fanning over my earlobes and on irony, he was looking at me instead of him, as if I was the one responsible of the murders. I wanted to push him away with how close he was, but I don't want to create a scene wherein we are supposedly dating.

He held one of the wooden chairs of our table, gliding me in for my seat, then sat across my own. He busied himself with the menu list and not too long, one of the staff approached us to take our orders.

"Shrimp Skewers" he tilted his head probably thinking what to add, "Classic Caesar, Ribeye Steak," his jaws moved as his eyes shifted to the next page of the menu, "and a lemon tart." 

My lips curled with his food choices, probably mastered it already with plenty of romantic dates. My eyes rolled due to somewhat unknown reasons. I did not seconded the orders thinking it was the same for me. 

"What do you want, Jisoo?"

Jisoo for the second time.

A quick turmoil caught me because I did not even bother to read the menu thinking he would order for me. One thing I noticed about him is he always let me use my freewill, with the exception of violating his rule book. If he's not too nosy of laws and constitutions, I would have really liked him.

Haven't I yet?

I unintentionally shook my head with the thoughts of him and that I like him, and Jung's brows creased. 

"You don't want to eat?" He asked in full curiosity.

"No, I mean." I am hopelessly stammering in front of him and the waiter smiled at us, probably thinking I was nervous on our date. I cleared my throat. "Crispy Artichoke Hearts" my index finger traced the names on the menu, "Classic Caesar" Damn it I am not that a fan of non-Korean foods, I huffed a lousy breath, "Barbecue Baby Back Ribs and lemon tarts too." and he threw a lopsided smile.

"Would that be all?" The waiter asked.

"Do you like wine?" Jung asked me considerably.

I want beer! My mind screamed.

"No, thank you."

"Then that would be our final order, thank you." He regarded.

The waiter left us, and there's a bit of amusement I had on him with this ordering stint.

"You seemed to be so at ease ordering food." I can't help but note. "You've been to a lot of dates before?" 

His eyes squinted of humor, adorably looking at me as if I said something cute. "I reviewed my assignment well by checking their menu ahead of time." 

He leaned on the table to register a very very low voice. "If that's your way of checking if I am in a relationship, my answer is no."

God created Jung to annoy me. No certification needed, because next thing I knew, my legs forgot to behave again. I gave him a mild kick under the table.