37

Jisoo

The police force lose track of the motorcycle, the blood on the notes were pig blood, there were no fingerprints seen, Jung's control was slipping away. At this stage, I am perplexed with a lot of things already.

The killer's brazen acts.

Haein's patience.

My own body.

I am nearly a week delay. Throwing up for two consecutive days. Not wanting to be away with Haein every morning I'd wake up. Sleeping like crazy. Eating like crazy. And that rolled up to probably my biggest fear.

That we are really having a baby.

In the middle of a dangerous mission.

Day 20, D-21

Finally, I was able to detach myself from Haein this morning. Which allowed me to do something for us. To cook breakfast. I woke up not feeling sick, not craving to stay in his arms, I woke up feeling normal. I climbed out of the bed and went to the kitchen, breakfast in bed agenda in my mind. Nothing really special but just anything fried plus the japchae Halmeoni Martha taught me.

Kimchi fried rice, fried egg, fried tofu, japchae.

It took me less than an hour to prepare everything. Once done, I placed them altogether in one food tray, and I'm good to go. I was about to go upstairs when I felt someone from behind.

"You did not burn the kitchen this time." He mumbled against my ear in a teasing tone.

I gave him death glares as I turned around, and his arms snaked around me for a bear hug, tucking me under his chin. I pinched his back, and he was faking a loud grunt as if he was hurt.

Until we were both laughing.

Damn I missed this. We've been walking on eggshells for the past days. Me dozing off at Halmeoni's house, my creepy and weird dream, cigarette butts in our front door, Dong-goo's random visit and of course, the two bloody notes delivered to us. I missed our bantering, our fights, our flirting, or maybe everything.

"Why are you up early? I thought you wanna attached yourself to bed always." He asked, not letting me go of his arms. I sniffed him thoroughly as if sleeping and cuddling with him last night were not enough. He's already wearing a shirt but his body smell satisfies my nose in a very very weird way. I wrapped my arms around him to scoot closer.

"You just woke up late. It's past eight already. You were never a late riser."

For two consecutive days, he was waking up late. So unusual of him.

"Maybe we should sleep more." He asked playfully.

Now he's also sleepy like me.

I gave him a mild kick at the side. "Maybe you just didn't want to eat the breakfast I made."

He gave one hearty laugh and kissed my temple as he released me. "I'll eat anything you cook, Kim. Plus I am hungry."

That makes us a hungry couple.

We took our breakfast, with exchange of a lighter conversation compared to the last two days that we had. Finally, he was loosening up a bit. No matter how tried he made it lowkey and subtle, I could sense him so worried and perplexed, no amount of my skills and his skills gave him peace and assurance.

"Can we go out today?" I asked as we cleaned the dishes together after breakfast. "We seriously needed a breather. If someone's watching us afar, it would look too weird because we aren't really acting up normal. We looked calculated and cautious."