36

CW: Violence

Day 15, D-23

Jisoo

You will never be happy.

It was like a death note. It felt like there's a pair of eyes watching us from afar.

Haein went berserk to the surveillance team for giving us vague answers.

Who's lurking around our house and how the hell it escaped from their radar? Not me nor him was smoking so it was impossible that it was from us. I mentioned to Haein that Halmeoni was smoking, but she never did smoke when they brought me home the last time.

And the bloody note, it was placed at the front gate because the staff said he noticed that in our frontgate mailbox and confirmed he was the one who placed it in our personal box.

We requested from the task force to review all the three crimes again if any of the couples had reported any threats received. To the subdivision security. Or to the police. It felt like we were tied up.

And our last resort is to ask one of his team mate from SMPA to check in our behalf. The message had been passed on using our burner phones.

Mingue flew from Seoul to Jeju City, him taking a three day off.

He's been breaking more rules for this case, but the deliberate negligence of the surveillance team never sit well to both Haein and I. And as much as we hated it, we no longer wanted to put our trust to anyone.

It'a been three days, and we are just waiting for results.

***

Jung had to leave today, Chef H's regular tasks on a Monday, and him secretly meeting Mingue. That means I will be left alone today at home. I decided not to leave home anymore, I can't afford to fall asleep elsewhere.

I woke up not feeling too well today. My back was aching terribly since last night and even this morning, I can feel like there's a heavy weight laid on my hips making me too lazy to get up. It feels like I am getting a fever too. But I need to drag my ass off from bed, stay alert and ready for any possible attack. He needed to continue living his role as Hanz despite the note. We cannot just be lenient and snap out as Hanz and Jia.

He is definitely lurking around and watching.

I had my bugged and my burner phones ready, the weapons Jung hid at the entryway, and I wore a knee-length dress at home, hiding my mini pistol at my upper thighs. I should get more dress home clothes now since its more convenient to hide a gun under it.

I settled myself most of the time at the balcony after taking my breakfast, observing our neighborhood silently. People were roaming around normally, no unusual happenings. I concentrated at the book I am reading, and in less than an hour, my husband is already bugging me like crazy.

How are you?

The beep came from the burner phone. He's not Hanz checking on Jia, but Haein checking on Jisoo.

Damn it, it so hard to type message on burner phones. Who still uses keypad phones?

It's been just two hours. He already sent me a message earlier using our bugged phones.

**Stop treating me like a baby. I am perfectly okay.

Of course, that's something I cannot send on our bugged phones.

Just making sure...

**I'll call you if there's something wrong. Stop disturbing me. I am reading here in the balcony.