Finale Part 2

Final Chapter

Jisoo

Convoy of police patrols after the blasting sirens.

Feet scrambling towards us.

Officers shouting, medics screaming.

My head was still buried against Haein's chest, and I don't even have the courage to look at Smith.

Three shots. He let go of three shots, and it felt like our fate was dependent on those. My heart was starting to sink already just with the thoughts that I was unable to stop Haein from becoming a murderer.

Then I heard Smith cursed loudly the moment Insub and Namjun reached us, and that's the only time I was able to lift my head to meet Haein's gaze.

"I always comply to our bets," he whispered to me in a cold and controlled voice, "I kept my promise to you," he rested his palm over my belly and a soft kiss in my forehead sealed those words. I let go of a deep breath, feeling relieved that he did not kill him. I turned around just to see Smith, his lower body covered with blood, his knees and then......

I throw a confused look back to Haein.

Two of his gun shots from him were directed to his groin.

The last shot was to his....

Voices behind made us turn our heads automatically. My eyes almost popped out of surprise.

Sup Jang, Senior Sup Song-

-and my father, Senior Superintendent Kim.

Why is my father here?

Haein and I both made our salute to our higher ups, and they signaled us to go at ease.

My father was looking at me with a stern, platonic look, no hint or giveaway to Haein that I am his Senior Superintendent's beloved daughter.

All of them scowled when I winced involuntarily as I hold my tummy, all of them giving me a distress look, but I dismissed their concerns instantly by confirming I am perfectly okay.

Maybe partially okay. My body's trembling a little bit. And now I am feeling hungry.

Ravenous to be exact.

Maybe baby dino finally felt tired, starving, uneasy, she's making her presence felt again.

"Let's get you treated." Haein whispered, him scooping his arm around my shoulder.

Sup Jang and Senior Song expressions were priceless knowing that my dad was just in front of us, my dad's brows twitched, lips pursed into thin line. I played cool and dumb not acknowledging his obvious subtle disapproval, Haein was actually dumber than me not noticing his 'boss' reaction, he's really that clueless. Or maybe his attention was really just on me and our baby and wrapping up this case was really not his top concern nor priority.

Medic finally approached us, Smith was moved to a stretcher and was carried to one of the two ambulances who responded to the scene while we were instructed to take the other one, Haein was still holding me close.

"I am going with Kim to the hospital. We will provide the complete report once she got treated."

It was an announcement to the three, not some sort of suggestion or recommendation.

Song and Jang both nodded uncomfortably, my Dad was completely emotionless. It felt more nerve wracking now, Dad's senses are quick and he's reading between the lines really well. I can tell by his face he knew something's going on between me and Haein but he still kept his silence. We excuse ourselves from the loop, Jang went inside the house together with Insub, Geonhee and Namjun to spearhead the investigation.