43

D-day

Haein

"Honeeyyyy!!!"

I lifted my head automatically upon hearing the word like it was an upcoming threat. A middle-aged woman was waving hand at her husband who's sitting just in front of my airplane seat.

Honey

Paranoia hit me all over again. It was a single word I wished I wouldn't hear right now.

I cocked my head to the side, dismissing all the wariness that's sweeping inside my heart for the past hour.

Good and bad news simultaneously flashed on me, Senior Kim and the panel's final decision, my instant "signing" on the position making things sealed officially, then Kim's non stop calls and messages about what happened to Halmeoni Martha.

Her untimely death.

I know I've been suspicious of her, I never gave my full trust despite all her warm actions towards the three of us, especially to Jisoo and our baby. I have my own family to gatekeep and protect and I swear to my life, Jisoo and dino always comes first, they are always on top above anyone else.

Now I feel terribly bad. Because she put her own life on the line to save the same people I heavily care for. I wish I have treated her better. I wish I have been warmer to her, reciprocating the warmth she enveloped Jisoo and baby dino for all those days we knew her.

It was all too late. Regrets always come at last.

I leaned my back at the seat, trying to pacify my mind with a lot of things that happened today. In an hour, I'll be with my babies. We will face this altogether. The three of us.

My family.

***

With little disturbances on air, our plane finally landed safely. Checking out and do a quick run around at the airport, the first thing I did was to turn my phone on. The beeps chimed endlessly like there's no tomorrow.

Jisoo's messages were at the bottom which mean hers were the oldest, almost an hour ago, and the next messages were from Namjun, Insub, Geonhee, Sup Jang, Senior Song - all asking where am I which is kinda weird they all sounded like a clingy wife waiting for me, my sister saying she's sleeping already and send her a message once I'm home, Senior Kim congratulating me once again.

Then Namjun's latest message hit me the most - go straight to the surveillance house.

Why would I go there straight? At least let me see Jisoo first.

Of course, I cannot reason that out.

I left the airport, clueless of what's in store for me for the upcoming hour.

D-day 1AM

Jisoo

I woke up still feeling dizzy because of the chloroform. My hand instantly went straight to my belly to feel her against my touch. She's safe, I could feel it as a mom's instinct. We were both unscathed. 

My eyes adjusted slowly, and I noticed I was inside a room almost identical to the rooms of the past crimes, and I creeped out because of it. Replicating the crime scene. Certainly he made adjustments on his killing plans. Same setup, just that he moved location. But certainly it all look like the same. I don't know where we are currently right now, but one thing's for sure, the moment Haein realized we were missing, he'll find us. In no time, he will be here to get us.