33

Day 8.2

Haein

The cold trickles of the water under the shower was the rope that grips my sanity when everything starts to slip out.

My anger. My patience. My control.

It was like my comfort space where I could think straight. Where I could relax myself away from everyone's watch. Where I can run to when I am in doubt. My silent sanctuary. My snap back to reality.

It's how I always start and end my day.

Controlled. Planned. Calculated.

Then she happened.

Stepping inside my life. Getting into that space only myself is allowed.

Just how she bugs herself straight to that bubble I build around myself, she makes me break rules, she makes my control slip, she makes me lose my shit.

She's like a storm in between sunshine. The dark I am starting to get used too.

She's the unconventional, the opposite.

A beautiful chaos.

A chaos I love so bad.

Like a poetic element in a dull and ordered world I've been living...

***

We left Jochon Homes fifteen minutes before eleven. It was supposed to be at ten, but the Patron Saint of Tease decided to live up to her name. From the bedroom up until to the very last minute we climbed into the pick up, she was nothing but all playful and tease.

Cooling off wasn't even enough for me I guess. I think the amount of carbon dioxide I exhaled today was worth a week of air I breath out to hold my patience and control.

She was blaming her hormones.

She was like an animated version of Jerry today playing and toying around Tom, the difference is I just go along with anything she likes and does.

I parked the truck at my designated parking space, and we had another rundown of our 'script.'

We are expecting few 'unknown guests' hired by the police force to mingle with us, and few non-uniformed personnel from Teams B and C of the Crimes Division, those who were not part of the task force. No one knows if Thanatos will decide to join us today. Information sheets were available for guests and interested clients, just for us to be able to track today's attendees. Our expectations were low.

That is if we will base it on the murderer's killing pattern.

There was no common person from the three ribbon cutting ceremonies of the start up businesses of the past crimes.

"Check all the male visitors and try to remember their faces as much as possible. Ahn and I will cover the girls. Chef Sam is an ordinary chef, so that's not counted as an extra hand, not from the police force. No one from our team will come today for identity secrecy."

"You are really expecting more women to come today, don't you?" She asked as she assessed herself at the dashboard mirror. She's wearing a black knee-length body hugging dress, hair carelessly loose above her shoulders, a flat pump, with very minimal makeup.

Pretty.

She looks extra pretty as always.

"Those are potential suspects. We are not ruling out female killers here."