29

Day 1

Jisoo

Just like our first, I woke up during wee hours, a hand embracing me from behind. His head was buried against my nape. He moaned when I tried to release myself from his grip, and his lips planted butterfly kisses on my nape. I felt him inhaling my scent as he hummed.

I needed to pee but he's not letting me go.

I tapped his hand a few times, him loosening it a bit, and I make a quick trip to the bathroom not bothering to wear anything or opening the room light. I don't really like too much light before sleeping and even after waking up, my eyes are always used to darkness. The moment I came back, I laid down, facing the other side of the bed not too far from him. But it felt empty without him anywhere near me, I grabbed his arm to wrap around me instead of the sheets. He scooted closer, and our bodies were entangled again.

I shut my eyes, letting my body rest at the comfort of his arms, until sleep's claiming me back, drifting away my consciousness.

***

And just like the first, I woke up alone in bed again. I've given myself few minutes for a possibility of breakfast in bed, but there's none. He did not came in. I was left alone wrapped around the duvet.

A part of me was doubting if we already surpassed the 'liking stage' and that we are getting to a more serious part, or it was just the physical needs that keeps growing between us. I was torn, especially at moment like this. I know that should not be my barometer of his feelings for me, I just hated the feeling of waking up alone after intimate moments. It felt empty.

I stood up, lazily picking up all my clothes which were scattered on the floor, wearing them one by one. I let my disheveled hair loose over my shoulders, not bothering to brush them. I slid my phone on my front pocket. I was about to leave the room when my eyes darted to the direction of the door balcony.

Blackout curtains?

I cannot remember either Haein or I putting them up last night. I am pretty sure I was the one who picked that curtain from the online store so it's definitely ours, and that it wasn't there last night. I don't want waking up with too much light inside the room that's why I insisted to buy them.

How come it was there?

My feet stepped out of the room heavier, and I wanted to shake off the disappointment building up inside me. I went down and I know where to find him exactly.

At the kitchen.

My frowning face were slowly fading away when I saw his back, him humming while cooking in front of the stove. An earpiece plugged in on his ear, I am totally sure he won't even notice me if I'll come closer.

What amused me the most is what he's wearing.

I mean I was aware it was intended to be couple PJs when he handed me the gift, but he was just wearing the navy blue PJs last night, this morning, it was indeed a PJs terno, identical to mine.

Senior Inspector Haein Jung, SMPA's best, wearing a cutie pajama terno, coupled with my own. I silently took his photo and send this to Eugene maybe after our mission.

I stepped closer, of course him not realizing my presence, and I bumped him sideways to notice me.

He was holding a huge bowl of pancake batter on his left and a whisk on his right. He placed the whisk inside the bowl, scooping my head with his right arm head locking me, his lip pursed on my forehead tightly.