01: Fresh start

„ Kazuha...we are going to miss you so much!", a woman said as she started to tear up and hug her son tightly.
„ I'm gonna miss you guys too!", a young boy said as he hugged his mom and his dad.

The day arrived where Kaedehara Kazuha was going to leave his home to go to college.
He felt upset about leaving his home. He had lived there for 19 years with his loving parents.
Now, he was going to a college that was 4 hours away from his house.
This was a completely new experience for him.

Thankfully, Kazuha's parents were driving him to bring him to college and help him find his dorm that was on campus. Kazuha was happy that he found a place to live in, since he did find it quite difficult to find a flat that wasn't too expensive.

On the way in the car to college, Kazuha was quiet. He felt all kinds of emotions: Stress, sadness, excitement and happiness.
Kazuha was looking forward to meeting new people, although at the same time, he was an introvert who couldn't start any conversation. He knew he would only talk to a person if they started the conversation.

After four long hours, the car parked very close to a big building.
„ Kazuha, we've arrived!", Kazuha's mom said.

Kazuha had fallen asleep for a bit. As he opened his eyes, the first thing he did was stare outside the window to see where he was.
He saw a big white modern building.
Soon, he recognizes that this was the college that Kazuha was attending.

„ Out you get, son!", Kazuha's dad said as he opened the car door for his son.
„ Thanks dad!", Kazuha said as he stretched himself and got out of the car.

As Kazuha stepped his foot out of the car, he couldn't take his eyes off the big, white modern building.
„ Wow. I'm gonna be staying here for 4 years now!", Kazuha thought to himself.

Kazuha's parents helped their son take out all of his luggage of the car.
In total, Kazuha had three, packed suitcases that were filled up with snacks, sweaters, jeans, underwear, pyjamas and toiletries.

Eventually, Kazuha and his parents entered the college building. The first thing Kazuha saw was a help desk with people helping new stundets to find their way to their dorms.
„ Let's ask someone to see where your dorm is!", Kazuha's mom suggested.

The three of them approached a young lady with brown hair and glasses, who wasn't helping anyone at that very moment.
As the woman saw Kazuha and his parents, a grin appeared on her face.
„ Hello, welcome to Teyvat college. How can I help you?", she asked.
„ Hello! Our son, Kaedehara Kazuha, is looking to find his dorm. We were told by email that his dorm is near building D. Would you mind helping us find the dorm?", Kazuha's mom asked.
„ Sure thing!", the lady said, „ Follow me!"

The woman brought the three of them to a different building, where all the flats were where students lived.
After a few minutes of walking, the lady stopped outside a door on the second floor.
„ I checked on the planner, and I saw that this will be your room!", the woman said, „ Would you like me to show you your flat?"
„ Sure, that would be kind!", Kazuha said, who was curious.

The lady opened the door with a special key.
„ This is your flat!", she said, „ Take a look and please ask any questions that you have!"

Kazuha's flat was nice. There was a small bathroom, a small kitchen, a small dining room with a round table with 4 chairs, and a larger bedroom with two beds: One bed was on the left side, and one bed was on the right side.

Kazuha was surprised to see two beds in the room. He was told that he wouldn't be getting a roomate. His parents made sure he wouldn't get a roomate, since Kazuha got extremely nervous when meeting someone new. And besides, Kazuha always had a fear that he wouldn't get along well with his roommate.

„ Excuse me, will I be getting a roomate?", Kazuha asked the lady.

The lady took out her planner and took a close look at it.
After a few seconds, she made eye contact with Kazuha.

„ No, you don't have a roommate!", the lady replied, „ Every dorm has two beds for people with roommates. But here on my list, it says that you won't be sharing your room with anyone!"

„ Oh thanks!", Kazuha thanked in a relieved tone.
Kazuha was happy, since he socially awkward.
Sharing a room with someone would make his anxiety go up.

After a few minutes, the guide lady left as she had explained and showed everything she had to.
It came to the difficult part, where Kazuha would have to say goodbye to his mother and father.

„ Bye Kazuha! Promise to contact us from time to time, alright?", his mother said as she hugged her son tightly.
„ I will, mom!", Kazuha said as he started to tear up.

„ And please tell us if there are any cute girls in your college lessons, son!", his dad laughed as he was wiping his tears away.
„ Dad, I don't think I will get any girlfriend this year!", Kazuha laughed.
Everyone was tearing up as they were hugging each other.

After 15 minutes, Kazuha's parents left.
The moment they left, Kazuha lay on his bed and sighed.

„ Welcome to a new chapter in my life!", he thought to himself.