05: Relationship

Almost two weeks have passed since Kazuha was at college.

He was getting used to his new life.

He and Childe were really close friends. They always hung out, and sometimes, they even hung out with Scaramouche.

Childe knew for sure that he was crushing on Scaramouche.
Kazuha didn't have any crush yet, since none of the girls were his type.

He knew though that the following day, he would start his fake relationship with Heizou.

It was a Sunday evening. Heizou was cooking dinner, since they were good at cooking, which was good for Kazuha, since he could barely cook.

As both of them were eating, Heizou opened his mouth.
„ So, tomorrow is the day!", they said, „ How will we announce it to everyone? It's important that my ex notices that I've "moved on" from her!"

Kazuha took a deep breath.
„ Well we should hold hands walking into class. Everyone will know that that isn't platonic!", Kazuha suggested.
„ What a good idea! And I think we should hang out at lunch too. I could eat with you and your ginger friend, and you could eat with my friends Itto and Thoma. Itto might seem a little scary when you meet him, but once you get to know him, he is a really cool guy!", Heizou said.

„ Sounds good!", Kazuha said, „ And remember to respect my boundaries. I don't want any kisses in this fake relationship!"
„ Of course. Holding your hand is romantic enough for me!", Heizou said winking his eye.
Kazuha raised his eyes to heaven and ignored Heizou.

The next morning arrived.
As Kazuha woke up, he found Heizou already in the kicthen, eating some cereal.

„ Good morning, boyfriend!", Heizou giggled as they winked their eye.

Kazuha stared at them.
„ Good morning! I hope you know that I can't wait for those two months to be over!", Kazuha growled.
Heizou simply laughed.

Shortly after, both of them left their dorm.
„ Take my hand!", Heizou said as he gave Kazuha his hand.
Heizou squeezed Kazuha's hand tightly as they both started walking.

Kazuha's cheeks turned red.
„ Why am I turning red?", he thought to himself, „ I hate Heizou. And I'm straight anyway!"

Kazuha and Heizou both entered their classroom, holding hands. They quickly noticed how eveyone was staring at them.
Some people even started to whisperer, probably wondering if they were dating.

Kazuha made eye contact with Childe.
He knew he would never forget the look on Childe's face as he found out about Heizou "dating" Kazuha.
He looked like he had seen a ghost.

The moment Kazuha sat next to Childe, Childe stared at him in a weird way. But it looked like he couldn't get any words out. He was speechless.
„ What's up with you?", Kazuha asked, pretending nothing was going on.
„ What's wrong with me?! Kazuha, you're a liar!", Childe yelled, „ I thought you were straight. And now, you're dating bolognese boy?"

Kazuha took a deep breath.
„ Firts of all, I never told you this, but Heizou actually identifies as non binary, and doesn't like the term "boy" being used on them. They prefer they/he pronouns!", Kazuha added.

„ Thanks for telling me!", Childe said, „ But anyway, why the heck were you holding hands with freaking Shikanoin Heizou?"
„ Well, I'm dating them!", Heizou admitted.

Childe started laughing.
„ So you're into the "enemies to lovers" kind of relationship, huh?", Childe laughed, „ You barely know them. You just met two weeks ago!"
„ Says the person who would do anything to date Scaramouche, also only knowing him for only two weeks!", Kazuha said smirking.