35: Misunderstanding

„ One glass of vodka please. Make it strong.", Heizou said in an unamused tone.

Heizou went to a local bar near college. He was still living in his flat, but it felt extremely empty. He missed living with Kazuha. Ever since Kazuha entered Heizou's life, they felt happier than ever.

Kazuha was Heizou's home.

But now, they weren't together anymore.
Heizou knew he couldn't get back together with Kazuha. He still believed that he was a cheater, and Heizou could never in a million years date a cheater.

A few minutes later, a glass of vodka arrived.
„ One glass of strong vodka, enjoy.", the bartender said.

Heizou took up the glass and was about to drink it down, when suddenly, someone grabbed his glass out of his hand and poured the vodka on the floor.
„ WHAT THE HELL?!", Heizou yelled.

Heizou looked up and saw Childe sitting next to him .
„ Hey, Heizou.", Childe said, „ Why the heck were you drinking alcohol? You told me once that you didn't like alcohol, especially vodka."

Heizou looked upset. His eyes were puffy, his hair was messy, and it looked like he hadn't slept in days.

Heizou rolled their eyes.
„ Why do you care? You're a lucky bastard.", Heizou growled.
„ And what's that supposed to mean?", Childe asked as he stared at the short red haired person.

„ Well aren't you lucky that your boyfriend Scara didn't cheat on you?!", Heizou yelled, „ Now shut up before I kick you in the ba-!"

Heizou didn't finish his sentence. He noticed Childe looking upset.

Childe sighed.
„ Scara and I actually just got into a fight, that's why I'm here alone.", Childe admitted.

Heizou was surprised.
„ Oh. I'm sorry to hear that.", Heizou said, „ What happened...if you don't like me asking?"

„ Dottore texted Scara on Instagram. He said he was sorry for how he treated him, and that he wants him back. He promised he wouldn't be abusive.", Childe explained, „ Scaramouche is terrified of Dottore because he was a shitty boyfriend, so he cried. I tried to make it better by trying to make it smile, but Scara lost it and said I only look at the bright side and ignore the bad things. I didn't mean to hurt him, but things like that happen in relationships. Misunderstandings."

Heizou sighed.
„ I'm sorry to hear that.", Heizou said, „ I think you need to give Scara a bit of space, but then he'll be happy again. Those things take time."

„ I think that you're in the same situation as me. You and Kazuha had a misunderstanding.", Childe said.

Heizou started getting angry.
„ Childe, you idiot. He cheated on me. I can't forgive him, even though I still love him and won't get over him anytime soon.", Heizou yelled, „ So keep your nose out of my love life!"

Childe got up from his seat.
„ I'll stay out of your situation, but just know one thing: I know Kazuha didn't cheat. I know it was a misunderstanding, and eventually, you will realize that too.", Childe said.

He left the bar. Heizou sighed as he got up and left the bar to go to his flat, where he now lived on his own.

Meanwhile, Kazuha had got off the train station. He was back where his college was. He knew he had no flat now, since he moved out, but he would figure something out. He probably would sleep in a hotel.

Kazuha walked into college, into the building where he could find out where other students live. He was going to find out where Kokomi lived, so he could have a chat with her.

As Kazuha arrived into the building, he walked over to the help desk.
„ Good day. How may I help you?", a lady asked.
„ Hi. I'm looking for my friend...Kokomi Sangonomiya.", Kazuha said.

The lady started typing on her computer.
„ She's in room 404, in building A.", the lady said.
„ Thank you.", Kazuha thanked.

Kazuha walked into building A, onto the 4th floor.
As he found room 404, he knocked on the door.

Kazuha didn't know if Kokomi was still in her holiday house. After all, she was taking care of her step brother, Tomo, who had been kicked in the balls hard by Heizou.

A few seconds later, the door opened. Kazuha was about to open his mouth, when he noticed the girl who opened the door wasn't Kokomi.
It was a girl with short purple hair. She was wearing a black half top and gray baggy jeans. She was wearing eye liner and had black lipstick on.

„ Hey, sorry. I think I've got the wrong room.", Kazuha apologized as he was about to walk off, certain he had made a mistake.
„ Are you looking for Kokomi?", the girl asked.

Kazuha turned around as he nodded his head.
„ Yeah, does she live here?", Kazuha asked.
„ Yeah, she's in the shower. I'm spending time with her this week.", the girl said, „ I'm Sara, nice to meet you."

Kazuha remembered Kokomi mentioning a long distance girlfriend a while ago. So this meant this girl was her.

Kazuha and Sara walked into the flat. Kokomi's flat was very nicely organized. Her bed was made nicely, her floor wasn't full of clothes, and she had nice pictures hung on her wall.
„ So, are you Kokomi's friend?", Sara asked.
„ Yeah. I kinda need to have a word with her, since she might know reasons why me and my partner broke up.", Kazuha explained.
„ Oh. You're Kazuha. Kokomi told me about the incident at the holiday house.", Sara said. Kazuha nodded his head.

That momemt, the bathroom door opened.
„ Sara, do you wanna watch TV? I promise I won't beg you to watch Finding Nemo for the 50th time...!", a voice said.

Out walked Kokomi, wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. She gasped as she saw Kazuha.
„ Hi Kazuha. Didn't expect to see you here.", Kokomi gasped.

„ Hey Kokomi, can we talk?", Kazuha asked.
„ Sure. About what exactly?", Kokomi asked as she sat down on the couch, next to her girlfriend.

„ I know that my parents paid you to break me and Heizou up.", Kazuha said.