Chapter 3

It was late, when I got home. The street lights had just come on and my father's car was in the driveway. I started to get anxious as I approached my house, fiddling with the key when I got to the door.

When my father left this morning he was upset over something he refused to tell me about. I wasn't sure if he was still upset and if he was shit was gonna hit the fan. I took a deep breath before entering the house as quietly as possible.

My father was sitting on the couch, remote in hand with the TV playing in the background lightly.

"Travis, is that you?" His voice was scratchy and rough as though he hadn't used it in a while.

"Yes father." My lip trembled as I spoke quietly.

I listened to my father clear his throat and stand up, praying silently he wasnt getting up for the reason I thought he was. I gulped lightly closing my eyes and sighing quietly when he walked in my direction.

"Your home awfully late tonight, who were you with?" His voice was condescending as if he already knew who I had been with.

"I had to finish a project with a kid from my school, then I ran into Phillip afterwards so-"

"Stop." I was cut off by my father suddenly. My heart started to race as I straightened my back and looked up at him.

He was staring emotionlessly into my eyes. It was an almost challenging gaze as he stared at me, daring me to speak another word. My heart got stuck in my throat as he slowly raised his hand to my face.

His touch was rough, his calloused fingers roughly dragging against my cheek.

"Did he, touch you?" His gaze was cold and filled with an emotion I hadn't seen on his face.

"What do you mean father?" My voice didn't seem my own when I spoke coming out soft and scared.

His hand retracted returning to his side as he took a deep breath.

I sighed in relief relaxing for a second before his hand struck my face at full force. The force of his hand knocked me off balance causing me to fall on my ass when his hand made contact with my face.

Confusion and horror was stuck on my face as I held my cheek with my hand. No proper emotions were registering in my head as I tried to swarm my thoughts into an emotion.

Maybe shock, or confusin maybe even anger would have been appropriate but my head was empty as I sat on the floor. I felt a trickle down my nose and my fathers eye immediately flew to it.

"I've barely hit you and your already bleeding." His voice was distant as he spoke he seemed uninterested in talking to me.

He slowly lowered down to my level resting on his toes as his shadow enloped my form.

"Are you going to answer my question? I won't repeat myself Travis." His eyes were sharp as the blood started to drip on my shirt. I gulped wiping my nose quickly and gathering my thoughts.

"No, no father nobody touched me." I spoke confidentially hoping ot would appear as certainty.

"Are you sure? Ive heard things both about Phillip and the jhonsons boy. Very, very, distasteful things about them. I would hate for them to include you in their, activities." His voice was filled with a tone I could only recognize as disgust and anger.

"No father, they know better than to mess with me." He hummed in a short approval, slowly rising to his feet and waving me to my room.

I got up slowly and made a bolt for the stairs until I heard my fathers voice boom through the house again. I froze lowering my head as he spoke.