Chapter 8

Sally face was in the kitchen for a little while. I didn't hear much of anything except little beeps and shuffles from time to time. I didn't mind it though, the silence was so different from the silence at my house.

It was a welcoming silence, not a silence that makes you nervous or scared what the next sound will be.

It was comfortable, it was kind, it was welcome. When he finally came back from the kitchen he had two plates. It was lasagna, and clearly not homemade but credit for the thoughtful gesture anyways.

"I didn't make it, just leftovers from Lisa, her lasagna is to die for. Kind of a comfort food now, I eat it whenever I'm not 100 percent."

I caught a wiff and it actually smelled better than I ever imagined, the smell was better than any food I or my father could make.

"It, actually smells really good."

"Just wait till you try it."

He handed me the plate and a fork. He set his plate on the coffee table then headed back to the kitchen.

He came back with two water bottles and that was it.

"We don't have anything else to drink, so water it is."

I just shrugged and took the water bottle from his hands when he handed it to me. I wondered how Sal planned on eating with me here. I've never seen him without the mask and I don't think he trusts me enough to see his face.

I wasn't sure as to weather I should ask or not, but I figured asking could be considered rude. Eh, there really wasn't much to consider and I doubt Sal would get upset anyways.

"Can you eat with that on or?"

I let the question hang in the air for a moment while Sal turned to look at me.

"I don't think you want to see it off. I also don't like people seeing my face."

I looked down at my lasagna, and started eating. If he didn't want me to see it he didn't want me to see it. I knew that deep down I really wouldn't care about what he "actually" looked like. Yet I figured we weren't that close anyways.

"This is fucking amazing." I felt my lips twitch in a smile as I continued to eat. Even just reheated it was fantastic, my mouth was watering just thinking about what it would be like fresh.

"I would've had to kick you out if you didn't like it."

I let out a small snort and waved him off as I ate happily. This had to have been heaven on earth it was too good to not be, my taste buds were having a party as I ate.

Sal still hadn't taken his mask off but half of it was unclipped and a few chunks of the lasanga were missing.

I ended up just ignoring Sal entirely and focused on my food. I made a silent promise to myself that when Sal decides to show me his face. If, if Sal wants to show me his face. I would stay judgement free.

He was a good person and I mean, I already knew that but it was different now.  Sal had opened up his home to me, Sal decided to be vulnerable with me. That took trust, and Sal trusted me enough to eat around me.

It made me feel good but also guilty. Ive been such an asshole and I know I can never take that back. All this year and last year I've been an asshole.

I was at blame, the only one at blame. I wanted to apologize but the words got stuck in my throat. I didn't even make a noise when my mouth opened. I wanted to thank him, or apologise, or tell him coming here was a mistake. Just something to convey my emotions.

But I just. I just, couldn't get the words out. Its like everything I wanted to say just dissappeared in an instant. My brain was all blank.

I didn't end up apologizing. I simply just, couldn't get the words out. Apologizing was the only right thing for me to do and I couldn't.

Love You, Hate Me. Fair Trade. (Larry × Travis/ Larvis) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें