Chapter 9

"Huh?" I replied at the sudden question Hagakure asked. It had been a few days since I joined UA and now I wasn't surprised that this topic would intervene.

"Why did you wanna become a hero?" she asked again with excitement. I simply sat at my desk with boredom until Mina brought up the sudden conversation, catching a few peoples attentions.

"Yea Y/n," Sero said "why did you wanna become a hero?" At this point, everyone was listening closely waiting for my reply. What? I thought, do I need an interview for joining this class?

However now that I thought if it...did I want to become a hero? Like I knew that I wasn't so energetic about the idea, however I knew for a fact that I admired hero's and did want people to feel safe. After all I did feel proud when I helped that lady out, even when Deku decided to intervene. But I think the answer was simple.

"I want to help people," I declared looking down at my desk, "I don't wanna be seen as a celebrity or anything like that. I just want people to know I'll do anything in my power to make them feel safe. Sure my quirk isn't exactly good in combat, however my goal is to save lives..." I slightly glanced up only from the corner of my eye to see Bakugo slightly staring at me.

(Btw, you sit behind Bakugo)

"Now that's manly," Kirishima nodded with some type of approval giving me the thumbs up. However Mina suddenly slammed her hands on my desk making me flinch.

"Hey what about UA," she said, "did you come here for the hero training?" I hesitated for a moment before smiling.

"Well...yes I did," I said, "but I...was hoping to- actually never mind." Just then before Mina could ask another question, The door suddenly open and I froze to see the symbol of peace, Almight marching into the classroom.

"Almight hi," everyone said with a warm smile while I just sat there dumbfounded. Yes I heard that Almight was supposed to be teaching at UA, but actually seeing him in the flesh was incredible. However I was staring for so long that I didn't even realize until he glanced over to me.

"Ah, you must be the new student!" he cried walking over to me, with hi normal smile painted on his face, "L/n if I'm correct?" He knows my name!? I thought trying not to show any dumb reaction.

"Y-Yes," I stammered, "yeah that's my name." What was I thinking?! I felt like I sounded disrespectful in that moment. Dude what the fuck are you saying?! I thought to myself, this is the- no the symbol of peace and THAT is all you have to say!?!!

"Well it's pleasure to meet you Young L/n,"Almight continued cutting my thoughts short, holding out his hand. It didn't take me long to realise he wanted a hand shake.

"No the pleasures all mine," I replied making sure I didn't say anything stupid. Almight is literally my idol, but now was one of my teachers! I didn't want to make a bad first impression.

"Anyway," Almight said breaking the shake glancing at everyone else, "get your hero suits on everyone. We've got training to do." Immediately, everyone including myself got up and went to the changing rooms. As we got dressed, Iida kept on going on about what we'll most likely be going.

"I don't think it's gonna be rescue training," he said, "we've already done that many times..except maybe we'll be in teams this time. They've been teaching us how to rescue someone without any backup."

I didn't listen to half of the crap he was saying but just nodded to everything he said, saying "hm" or "ok". Luckily, he seemed to buy it. Except from the corner of my eye, I saw Bakugo still glaring at me. Jesus, he's scary, I thought as I could feel his glare burning against my back. We all were ready and left to meet Almight at the UA gym and it was gigantic! As I was questioning how much money the school had, Mr Aizawa and Almight suddenly walked in. However following behind them was a girl with pinkish hair with a huge grin on her face, pushing a robot over 9 meters.

"Alright everyone," Mr Aizawa muttered clear enough to head, "today we'll be doing battle training." Just then, the class went crazy with excitement finally relieved to not have to do anymore rescue train.

"I wasn't finished," Aizawa snapped leaving us all dead silent, "now. Thanks to Hatsume in the general courses, she made a robot to battle teams of two. Apparently, the robot is suppose to analyse your moves to use them as an advantage. Your goal is to shut it off in the 15 minutes you have without coursing any damage to it."

"Oh, and tell me how my baby works!" the girl cried, that I now knew as Hatsume, "because I bet this'll be the best I've ever made!"

Just then, Almight pulled out a remote and pressed it, showing a screen with our names on it. It showed all the teams and in order of who'll be next.

1) Kirishima & Asui

2) Mina & Aoyama

3) Mineta & Koda

4) Shoji & Yaoyorozu

5) Todoroki & Hagakure

6) Uraraka & Tokoyami

7) Sato & Jiro

8) Ojiro & Sero

9) Kaminari & Iida

10) Bakugo & L/n

Once I saw my partner I bit my lip, knowing what was coming. I glanced over at Bakugo who was death stating the screen with disgust before looking over at me with fiery eyes. It was painfully imitating but I held onto my gaze with his before breaking it, glancing back at the screen. Ah shit, I thought, this'll be fun.

A/n: Alright, so before there's any confused questions, yes it's settles that Mirio will get One For All. But for now Almight doesn't look like a skeleton to I'll try making it as less confessing as I can (and yes he'll be retired)

______________________________