Chapter 23

Izuku got the lights and I finally had a real look at the room. It was nothing but storage, shelves that were packed with boxes and other items that were no interest to me. There on the floor, Toga was laying on some now squished. Staring at her, I had to process the moment. She tried to kill me...

"Are you ok?" Izuku asked as he immediately checked for any injuries.

"I'm fine."

"Y/n-"

"I am fine, Izuku."

"You're bleeding, and shaking..."

Instinctively, my eyes went to my hands and as he said, they were trembling.

"It's ok-"

"You're scared, admit it." I just stared at his face for a moment, finally feeling the pain in my chest. Of course I was scared, I was terrified even. Like I wanted to admit that though. From the beginning I didn't want to acknowledge the fact that I went through a traumatic event and was strong enough to show I wasn't scared, but I was. Izuku sighed before pulling me into his embrace, and that just broke my shield. Tears formed in my eyes and even then I was still trying to fight it. But my tears fell pass my cheeks and I focused on to not making choking crying sounds like everyone does with millions of emotions.

"Y/n, I'll do whatever I can to get you out of this," Izuku whispered, pulling back and cupping my face in his hands, "I'll keep you safe if it's the last thing I do...I'm sorry for not being able to save you. You got hurt because I didn't make it..." His old self...was somewhat of an Angel, anyone to be blessed with his kindness and compassion. Yet the villain now is cold, selfish and a monster. But he has a heart, a cold heart that glows warm.

By me...

Gently, Izuku pressed his lips gently on my forehead while I fought my teary eyes.

"I love you, Y/n," he hummed and finally, I knew how I felt too...perhaps I knew all along, but kept denying it.

"I-...I know..." I muttered, turning away hiding the red heat on my face, "we need to go." I didn't bother looking at his face expression while I made my way to the door, but I did see a gleam of emotions shine in those emerald eyes.

The emotion however was unreadable.

Deku's POV:

As Y/n hurried to the door, I couldn't help but just stand there staring at him. The first time I saw him...

My hood was up covering my hair and so was my mask, hiding my identity. I sat in the corner of the pub, meaning to wait for an...acquaintance, but as time dragged on the wait got more intense. All I did was watch the news that sat behind the bar, a smirk hidden behind my mask as I appeared on the news. Chatting continued going on and some guys my age talking loudly, as I played either the knife sitting on the table.

"Too be honest I just find it amusing, he's just wasting his time being a villain when he could do better. I just feel sorry for him." My eyes snapped to the voice and there I stared at him. A boy with e/c eyes sat with a group of his friends as he glanced at the tv where it talked about me...

Was he stupid? I could kill him with a snap of my finger. Yet...staring at that boy, a grin slowly crept onto my face, one that I always used when I find myself a treat. He wasn't bad looking, actually looked cute. Fuck sake, I sound like Toga... I thought grimly, but in that moment I didn't care. I wanted him.

Now...I just stood in front of him, helping him. I wanted to make Y/n my plaything, as if what he said was a fun way to start the game, but...he means more to me then anything now. I had to protect him from this, because the truth is I was the one who got him into this mess. I had to get him out of it. He's gone through hell just for my sake, when I use to not give a damn about him. Y/n really deserved better than this.

That's when everything went silent...

I couldn't move or speak. I couldn't process the fact that I saw him burst through the room, grabbing Y/n by the neck and placing all but his index finger around his throat. Blood red eyes met with mine cyan hair fell pass them. There was no amused grin, but bloodlust and a cold glare that didn't leave me. Y/n didn't move nor spoke, he was scared and I could tell...but kept his ground and remained calm.

Something dangerous to do if it goes downhill...

A/n: I was gonna make this chapter longer, but I wanted to update now so I could also work on another story and finish this one too.

______________________________