Chapter 25

A/n: I'm sorry for the delay, I've been really busy and I'm not exactly focused with writing at the moment. Thank your for your patience though.

How long as it been? An hour, maybe more? I found myself laying in a hospital bed, the dim light of the evening shining from the window. My clothes had changed, from my bloodstained uniform to a hospital gown. What...

Just then, the door slid open and my eyes snapped towards the two figures standing in the doorway.

"My baby..." a feminine voice choked out, rushing to my side and held my hand in her's.

"M-Mum...?"

"Yes, yes sweetie, it's me." A sad smile appeared across her face, tears raining down her cheeks. I just stared at her for a moment before looking over her shoulder with Dad by her side. He was just as worried as my Mum but wasn't sobbing, however I swore his eyes were watering.

"What...happened?"

"Son, we just got a call and you were..." he didn't finish his sentence, his voice daring to break.

"We're just glad you're awake." My mind began wandering elsewhere as they continued to ask questions that were voiceless over my own. Did they catch Shigaraki? What about my classmates, what happened to them? And Izuku...

"Can...you get a doctor please..." I mumbled, hoping my voice was heard. Fortunately, it seemed to be the case since Dad quickly excused himself while Mum was still sobbing by my side. For being the one who got stabbed, almost killed and signs of PTSD, I was the one who had to comfort my mother more than her comforting me.

Whats worse in the situation when lose a loved one is for it to be your own child. Someone who looks up to you as their guardian and protector, someone who wants to make you proud for being their kid ends up losing their life. I squeezed my Mum's hand with a small smile and reassuring her that I'm ok, that I'm safe. A doctor finally came in, followed by my father and gave me a checkup.

"He seems alright," the doctor declared turning towards my parents. Mum's shoulders slumped at the fortunate news.

"I suggest to remain on bed rest for a few days. You'll have to stay for a while, but in the mean time I thin-"

"Where's Izuku?" The atmosphere went tense at my words, no one daring to speak. My eyes darted from my parents and the doctor, all just staring at me in slight dismay.

"Y/n-"

"Is he in jail now?" I interrupted my father without a thought and let my eyes were lock onto the doctor. I didn't care about my attitude or shit, all I cared about was him. The doctor hesitated, glancing at my parents.

"He um...when he walked out of the building he didn't want to, um...leave and started becoming violent. He... he was shot multiple times to the chest and is still recovering from the surgery." He's stupid for risking his life, well that's what I would've thought if I wasn't too busy contemplating on seeing him.

The doctor then went on to explain my injuries, how the burn on my arm was still throbbing and the stitches on my stomach. I'd have to be careful for the following weeks with movement but besides that I was ok.

Physically at least.

Officers came into my room to take my statement and I told them everything, including what happened to Izuku but left out the parts when it came to Shigaraki's past. I still don't exactly know what the liquid stuff was but I was able to discover from a nurse a day later that the substance had to ability to turn someone feral. Not only this, but DNA was felt from the Nomu that attacked me and had the same substance injected into it too. Unfortunately couldn't get more information besides that, and I'm not really shocked since I'm not really a cop or anything.

Days passed and as I woke up on my third day in the hospital, I was greeted by many eyes. I smiled, sitting up on my bed and greeting my classmates.

"Sorry we couldn't visit sooner," Yaoyorozu said, "Mr Aizawa thought we should give you time to rest and heal."

"Oh, I made you this," Sato suddenly said before handing me a box of cupcakes..

"Thanks, and I'm alright. I'm awake after all."

To be honest all we did was enjoy the cupcakes that were gifted to me and talk about school. The only one who wasn't hear was Bakugo...

"He didn't show up, said he was busy," Kaminari shrugged it off, but I knew something was off. Like I get it, me and him aren't on perfect terms but we also aren't on bad terms either. Being over dramatic? That was probably the case, but yet again Izuku was in the hospital too...

Did he go to visit him?

The class was forced out so I can have my check ups and rest, but I was less that tired. My mind was fogged up with my train of thought and unable to get a blink of sleep. I'm the morning, the door was opened and greeted by a doctor and the head of police again. Tsuragamae eyed me with a poker face while I didn't bother restraining my glare.

"Glad to see you're doing better, L/n."

"I didn't know getting stabbed means I'm doing better."

"Let's not go there."

Was he here to arrest me or something, if that was the case the I hope the jail will have separate showers, doubtful but I don't wanna drop my soap.

"It's about your friend," the doctor stated, my gaze softening as I looked at her.

"You told us he was injected with a substance, but we were able to recollect his full sanity with a few quirk used by the doctors. He'll be ok...well, physically at least. He's still unconscious but the realisation he killed will come as a shock for him."

I don't know why I wasn't surprised, only scared for him.

"And you told me this...?"

"He sees you as a close friend,, you should be there for him for mental support. Well, until your discharged." Without another word, the two excused themselves and left my room while I felt my heart thudding. He...He'll be ok...

______________________________