Chapter 17

Deku POV:

My eyes felt heavy as I allowed myself to open them, light immediately making them squint back shut. Before the world went blank, I recalled Toga stabbing through my rib and hitting something sensitive. Trying to ignore the warm blood, I ran to defend Y/n. I'd seen that look of agonising pain before across his face, but it also hurt me too. Never again, I never wanna see it again. I'll never let it happen again.

Reluctantly, I forced my eyes to open even if the light burnt them. The room was pure white as I begin observing my surroundings. Machines all around me as I laid in the comfort of a bed. A...hospital? I thought slowly sitting up, brushing a curl from my face. I stared at the hospital gown I wore, pulling it up to see the stab wound stitched up. I didn't see the injury until now, yet I could tell it was bad. I dropped the fabric and glanced back up. I went to sit on the edge of the bed but was stopped as I only now noticing my hand cuffed to the bed.

Fuck sake, I thought gritting my teeth. This was to be expected, I wasn't exactly the most liked person to heroes. Just then, the door suddenly opened and a lady who appeared to be a nurse walked in. When she looked at me, she went stiff and her face grew pale.

"I-I was just-"

"Where is he...?" I snapped, my voice making her flinch. She looked confused for a moment until the realisation slowly opened up across her face.

"He t-took his leave a few days ago..." she replied in a shaky voice, "I'll go get a doctor to check up on you." She went to leave but I didn't have time for this. I had to see him, I needed to see him. With a quick and strong yank, I pulled myself out of the cuff. It'd take a lot more than metal to stop me, and I wasn't on my good side either. I got to my feet and used Blackwhip to grab the woman across the neck and threw the stranger to the wall, a yelp of pain escaped her.

"Don't give me that bullshit," I spat, my patience now long gone as I stormed up towards her. Just then, the door suddenly flew open again, making me freeze in place while glaring at the four cops who held me at gunpoint.

"Ma'am, please step out of the room," one of the officers said. The woman didn't need to be told twice and quickly dismissed herself, leaving me with these bimbos. No one dared to move, including myself. I glared at the cops and they returned the stare.

That's when I lashed out.

I kicked a gun out of one of the officer's hands, triggering the other three to open fire. I fortunately dodge just as the bullet grazed my forehead, grabbing the first cop with Blackwhip and swung him towards his allies. Being capable of a lot and they had the guts to fight? They're courage was strong I'll give them that, yet were also too naïve. They all went crashing into the wall again, an amused chuckle broke past my lips when the wall suddenly painted red. The cops groaned as the three tried getting to their feet.

The last went limp.

I raced over to the door and swung it open, finally getting my chance to escape and to find him. I needed to make sure he was ok, I had too. However the moment I opened the door, my eyes were met with the same emerald ones. Those emerald eyes that did nothing but apologise to me, yet cherish and love me. Those eyes that still had that look of love within them. She stood there frozen for a moment in shock as I did too, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

"Izuku," she whispered, unexpectedly hugging me. I was too shocked to even react as she cried.

"M...Mum...?"

Y/n POV:

I was pacing back and forth at the front of the classroom, Iida yelling at me and a few others to sit down. Mr Aizawa had gone to 'take care of things' leaving Mr Class Rep in charge. Of course since this was meant to be some kind of lockdown, the door was locked and everyone felt a little more comfortable. I was on a different page. My nerves were growing and my heart was yelling. I wondered if it was the League, because since Toga said that Shigaraki was out to kill me, in that moment I was on edge.