Chapter 20

I couldn't think or feel anything but the butterflies in my stomach as Deku leaned in and pressed his lips against mine in such a gentle kiss. I didn't know if I should pull away or kiss back. I've never kissed anyone and I definitely wouldn't have expected to in a moment like this. Deku finally broke the kiss and pulled me into his embrace, wrapping his arms around my waist gently.

"I love you, Y/n," he whispered, resting his chin on my shoulder. I didn't know what to do, but hesitantly, I relaxed within his grasp and hugged him back.

"I think it was obvious at this point," I replied, gently brushing my hand through his green curls.

Why the fuck are they so soft?! I thought. Deku chuckled, lifting his head to look at me, that teasing smirk on his face again.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Dude, you can't just look at me like that and just say it's nothing!" He suddenly broke out in a fit of laughter while I gave him a warning glare.

Honestly, I thought this guy was gonna be the death of me.

"Can you at least tell me what happened?" I snapped, "you woke up, but when?!" His expression broke from amused to dead.

Yet there was no missing that sadness within those eyes.

Deku sighed, lowering his gaze to his lap.

"I...saw my Mum..." he whispered as I just stared at him, now wondered what Inko's reaction was when her son stood before her after all this time. From a fifteen year old quirkless boy, to a sixteen year old blood murdering villain.

"She knew..." Deku continued, "she knew what I've done, and was heartbroken with me...yet she still cried for me..."

In that moment, I sat and watched while tears broke from Izuku's eyes, falling down his cheeks. Without thinking, I pulled him close into a hug. He didn't hesitate to allow my embrace, resting his forehead on my shoulder. I honestly never seen him this sad before and I didn't want to see it ever again. I like his warm smile and funny smirk. His annoying yet perfect personality. Then his enchanting eyes that can turn intoxicating within a second.

He was me kidnapper, but also the first friend to ever truly care about me. The first friend I truly cared about. The first person I...

"It's ok," I reassured Izuku while brushing my hand through his hair, "it'll be ok." The moment lasted for too long, but I didn't want it to stop. I wanted to see him smile again, and I'm planning to see that smile again, even if it's the last thing I do. Finally, Izuku lifted his head and sighed.

"Sorry about that," he muttered, "I'm just being childish."

"Don't be stupid, you weren't being childish. You have every right to be upset."

"I want to stop..." I blinked, looking at him while he pulled away and stood up.

"I don't want to be like this, Y/n. But all I've learnt is that hero's are disgusting and fake. How my admiration for...All Might turned to hatred. All I can think of is how much I want to kill every hero I see. That day when you were leaving to those stupid dorms...I wasn't mad at you but sad and annoyed. I even thought about taking you away." His words mad me shiver. What if he did decide to kidnap me again?

"Why didn't you?" The question slipped through my mouth before I could stop myself while Izuku looked at me.

"That was my exact question too," he said, "but something stopped me. Just something about you makes me think before I act. My first thought when you were packing was to just take you with me in a place no one would find you, but I didn't want you to hate me. You're the only person that's treated me like I wasn't a villain the moment you used your quirk on me."

"I've changed. I'm not the same anymore, and yet there you are. Most people with quirks like yours would've still tried running away, but you embraced me and cried for me." The memory came running to my mind, that night.

"I died, Y/n. I've just been a puppet, pulling my own strings and to kill people. It was you, you who brought be back to life. That's why I want you to be safe, I want to protect you."

My heart was beating louder and louder, pounding against my chest as the butterflies came back to my stomach again. This feeling...

"Wow..." I mumbled, looking down at the floor, "that's...a lot..." I didn't know what else to say, he just caught me off guard and now I didn't know what to do. A soft smile appeared on his face as he held out his hand.

"Do you wanna go home?" he asked. I just stared up at him for a moment not certain if he was serious, only to realise I was taking his hand, while he pulled me to me feet.

"Let's go," he insisted before he turned walking away while I followed close behind.

Only because Izuku still held my hand.

A/n: Happy Valentine's Day, I'm trying to work on the next chapter as quick as possible. I wanna finish this story to I can begin working more on the next story I have planned.

______________________________