Chapter 10

Everyone was debating with their teams how to shut off the robot, however every time I tried to speak, Bakugo would just wonder off leaving me for his own thing. As the teams went to shut off the robot, I grew more and more anxious. I wanted to discuss a plan but Bakugo wouldn't bother to listen. I knew that since my quirk wasn't exactly fantastic in combat, especially against a robot I wouldn't be great at offense. Bakugo's quirk is perfect for both offense and defense. Shit, I thought cracking my knuckles from nerves. We were in a separate part of the gym so therefore we wouldn't get hurt by any of the machine's malfunctions.

Just then, I felt a light tap on the shoulder making e jump. I glanced up only to see Todoroki standing they.

"Bakugo isn't listening, is he," he stated not like a question, since the answer was clear as crystal.

"Yep," I sighed scratching my head, "we only have 5 more minutes until it's our turn and he isn't listening to me."

"Yeah, well just for a little advice since Bakugo is acting like a child. There's a power switch at the back of the robot." I have no idea how he said that with a straight face, but wondered off leaving me on my own.

This is perfect! I thought, Bakugo can distract the robot and I can shut it off! Suddenly I knew there was hope for the both of us to win. As Kaminari and Iida finished up, Bakugo and me left for it to be our turn. Almight was there in case anything went wrong, but wasn't meant to intervene for any circumstances...unless we were about to die or something.

"Bakugo can we talk!" I snapped under my breath, loud enough for him to hear, "he haven't even discussed a fucking plan yet-"

"Shut up!" he suddenly yelled, "I'll take it down myself!" I wanted to punch him right in the gut, but unfortunately we had other things to deal with.

"Alright Young Bakugo and L/n," Almight said as he stood by the robots side, completely shut off, "in the next minute, your task to shut this machine off will begin. Any questions?"

"I do. So how do I put this...oh right, can I just fight Bakugo instead? He seems like a robot already I can't tell the difference." "You prick!" Bakugo was about to punch my before Almight stepped in. "The main part about this task if cooperation with each other," he said, "to please don't fight with each other."

Almight took a few steps back by the side, before the robot slowly turned on. I glanced over at Bakugo who insisted launched at the robot prepared to blow it to bits. However it suddenly dodged before swinging it's arm at him, sending Bakugo flying back before suddenly drawing its attention to me. Oh fuc-

I jumped out of the way just as the giant machine suddenly crashed its arm in the place I last stood. How the fuck am I supposed to stop this thing!? I thought irritated as the robot kept on attacking me while I dodged, I don't even have the right fucking good quirk for this! Wait...

Just as an idea popped into my head while I was dodging an attack, the robot's other crashed into me sending me flying back into the wall. I cried out feeling the sudden pressure on my back as I collapsed to the floor, but reluctantly my body moved as I dodged the robots next attack. Bakugo suddenly came out of nowhere and sent a giant explosion at the robot as it collided into the wall.

"Fuck sake listen to me!" I snapped as I ran up to him, "we've only got 5 minutes left! Just distracted the robot while I shut it off!"

"Don't tell me what to-"

"Go cry about it!" Before he could retaliate, I ran off at the robot began working again. Cursing, Bakugo began making explosions drawing the machine's attention as it began to try attacking him.

While I snuck around it carefully. It was all going well and perfect, until Bakugo launched himself at the robot going off plan, and as a result he got knocked back as a huge graze appeared on his shoulder. The robot suddenly turned glaring down at me as I bit my lip. I dodged the next attack, until the idea came to me. Just as it's arm came crashing back down trying to crush me I dodged but instead of running the opposite direction, I jumped on it before climbing up its arm. The machine began swinging its arm around trying to throw me off, but my grip was strong as I didn't dare let go. I kept on climbing to its back and as Todoroki said, there was a red switch as I immediately pulled it.

The tension in the air went silent at the robot froze in place, before suddenly crashing to the ground as I jumped off at the last second.
*

*

*
Back at the classroom, everyone was talking about what I did was crazy, so I took it as a compliment. My heart was racing when I did and...I've never felt so alive. Bakugo was sitting at his desk in a bad mood. I kinda felt bad. However yet if he would've listened, he wouldn't have hurt himself.

Suddenly the bell rung and everyone got up ready to head back to the dorms, but I needed to chat with Bakugo. Expect he already left.

I grabbed my bag, running after him. "Bakugo!" I yelled seeing him down the empty hallway, "I need to talk to you." He glanced around as I ran up to him, disgusted by my presence.

"I don't have time for your bullshit," he snarled turning to leave.

"For real?!" I cried, "what are you mad about today? Did you want everyone to surround you, complimenting you or some shit? God you're stupid!" Just then, he suddenly grabbed the collar of my shirt yanking me forward.

"The fuck did you say?" he snarled in a cold tone, but I was just amused.

"Do I need to spell it?" I replied in a stern voice. Bakugo glared at me looking as if he wanted to explode, but simply pushed me back and began walking away.

"Bakugo I'm not done!" I yelled. "I don't give a fuck," he scoffed not bothering to glanced back. I gritted my teeth with frustration. This son of a-

"Bakugo! BAKUGO! GOD DAMMIT-" No matter what I yelled he didn't waste his breath too look back.

"KACCHAN!"

He came to a sudden holt, turning with hesitation to face me with wide eyes. I didn't even think before yelling it but now I'm just as shocked as Bakugo.

"What did you say...?" he asked and I was more than surprised hearing something different in his voice. Fear...

I bit my lip realising there was no turning back now.

"We need to talk," I stated, "about...Deku..."

A/n: I absolutely HATED this chapter :'). Anyway so I don't know how long this story is gonna go for, but I have a few ideas forever the end. Anyway Ch.11 will be out soon.

______________________________