Chapter 27

"I-I've been in a coma for h-how long?" Izuku sat up from his bed while staring at his doctor in awe. Inko was by his side in a sobbing mess while his doctor "explained" the situation.

"It's hard to say, but it's been almost a year. As for you body, it's in perfect shape and your physical shape has changed too due to your quirk."

"A-A quirk?"

I stood outside the door, eavesdropping and being sure to stay out of their view. After using my quirk on Izuku, Aizawa and I excused ourselves from the room, and knew it was best to not interact with him. Well...I didn't want it but Aizawa dragged me out. I've never cried that much in my life, yet now I had no word in the matter. I'd be moving to South Korea to finish my education, saying goodbye to my classmates...

To Izuku, hopefully.

Eventually, I left the hospital with my parents and the ride back was a blur. My body was numb and my thoughts were blank. Mum tried making small talk to lighten the mood and Dad put on our famous music playlist that we'd listen too on road trips. It always brightened the car ride and we'd yap on and on about random topics. Even though the music drowned out the silence, my quietness issued the car's atmosphere to seem eerie.

Yer my silence spoke a thousand words.

"Sweetie? You hungry?" Mum's voice was soft as she opened my door cautiously. After we got home, hiding in my room and watching Netflix on my laptop was the only thing I'd plan to do. It'd been ages since I was in my room last. The UA dorms felt more like home than this place...

"I'm fine." My voice was barely a whisper as I looked through the newest releases on my account, and for some "odd" reason I kept eyeing "The Notebook".

Fuck that, I'm not in some tragic story, I just lost someone. I was fine, I had to be fine...

"Y/n..." her tone grew stern causing me to lift my gaze up to her. Mum sighed and entered my room, sitting down on the edge of the bed and gave me an empty look.

"Look," she began, "this whole situation is crappy. We know you were only trying to help your friend, but he was- he...did bad things that he couldn't control. It wasn't your fault or his, but sweetheart..." she looked at me sadly, "we could've sorted all this out if you had of told us sooner."

"Mum you don't-"

"I know, I know. I might not understand but...n-nevermind, just come down for dinner, please?" All the time when situations where 'I'm in the wrong', Mum would always go on and on; trying to make me feel better but in reality, she's just making it worse. For once and only once was this the first time she didn't push it and that's saying something. Reluctantly, I closed my laptop and got to my feet.

"What's for dinner?" That small comforting smile on her face just made me realise how much of a lucky kid I am have a mother like her.

"Favourite?"

I grinned. "Thank you..." Mothers can sometimes be strict or nosy or even just straight up annoying, but in reality, Mums will sacrifice a lot for their children, just like Dads. Even though my parents might go to far fetched ever so often, they only mean it for the well and I'm grateful to have them.

*

*

*

My pulse was ringing louder by the second and I wasn't even moving. All I did was sit by the hospital bed, counting the minutes to when visiting time was over. When I'd have to go home and start packing for school...

I always thought he'd be the type to stay up late, but Izuku had already drifting into his dreams by the time I got there and it was only 7pm or so. He looked so peaceful; so happy. I don't know how long I'd been sitting there and gazing at him, but I wish it didn't end. The past few days barely felt like seconds after I was discharged. First things first, when I came back to the dorms it was to pack and the whole class gave me a farewell party. I swear I thought I'd never see Kaminari sulk that much, but even I'll confess that I shedded a few tears too.

Even though it had only been a few months since I met them, 1A really did feel like my family.

"You look like shit."

"...Hi to you too," I replied, unfortunately turning my gaze away from Izuku and turn Bakugo. He leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Why are you here?"

"I could be asking you the same thing," he murmured and walked up to me, standing by my side. No sign of smartass attitude, but I knew it was looming over him.

"It's obvious why and you know it," I sighed, looking back at Izuku. All I wanted was to play with his green curls, tangling them in between my fingers, but it that wish was thousands of miles away now. Unless I'd give his memories back.

Bakugo was quiet while his gaze burnt into me.

"When does your flight leave?"

"...Tomorrow evening, I'm staying with relatives..."

"L/n, you do realise you have a lot of shit to do before you leave, right?" A sad smile crept onto my face as tears trickled down my cheeks.

"I just needed to see his face, one last time." One last time?

Bakugo was obviously not thr type to be affectionate or sympathetic, yet he rolled his eyes and yanked me to my feet by the collar of my shirt.

"Don't me a wuss, he might not remember you but it's not like he's gonna die anytime soon. I mean look at him!" I blinked in shock and looked up at Bakugo. He groaned in frustration and released me.

"He's gonna be ok." I watched him in shock as he walked out of the room, leaving me alone with Izuku. It took a moment of processing before I turned back to the restless figure in the bed, snoozing softly.

There it was again, emotions strangling my neck as the tears became uncontrollable. Get it together Y/n, please stop...

I couldn't; I wouldn't. I've never had a connection like this to anyone, and my chest ached. This was it...this was the moment. Wiping the tears with my sleeve, I inhale sharply and clench my fists.

"Goodbye..." Sobs were threatening to burst out so I turned and made my way to the door, but stopped dead in my tracks.

"...I love you, Izuku..."

A/n: Ok this is the end of Invisible Strings. Sorry for the slow updates and all that, I've been distracted. I hope you enjoyed this story and that you so much for all the reads! It means so much to me. I might add an epilogue but this it the end of this story. Thank you again, and I hope you have a good day/night. ^^

______________________________