Chapter 4

(Ezra's P.O.V.)

"Sabine Wren with Kara Lim!"the teacher says. And I was hoping to be paired with her. Ugh.

"Ezra Bridger with Mallorie Davis!"

Don't expect me to be happy about it. I don't hate Mallorie, but I don't like her either. She's too.....clingy. And girly too. Our English teacher tells us that we were to submit the poem next week and that it should have three stanzas. At least the submission is next week. I'm not that good when it comes to writing.

"Looks like we're partners, Ezra!"Mallorie shouts excitedly from behind me. I groan. This is going to be a long hour.

(Sabine's P.O.V.)

"Why not about writing?"She suggests.

"You pick. You're the writer,"I say.

She scribbles some notes in her notebook. I look at Ezra and Mallorie. Ezra notices. I wave. He does the same. I notice Mallorie glaring at me. Ezra looks away. They start talking. Then I feel something. Is it jealousy? It can't. I've never been jealous before.

*poke poke*

"Stop it Kara!"I tell her.

"You finally noticed! I've been shouting your name! What are you even-oh,"she says.

"You're jealous,"she teases.

"Am not!"I shout.

"Ooh denial stage..."she teases even more. I feel my cheeks getting hotter. Am I blushing?

-*-

A\N: Sorry for not updating in so long! I hope this makes up for it.