Chapter 19 [YAY AN UPDATE!]

Best Friends Book 1

Chapter 19

(Ezra's P.O.V.)

Now where could that piece of paper probably be?

I've searched in every part of my room, but for some reason, my English project is nowhere to be seen. I worked hard rewriting it on a different paper last night...

I check in the living room. Nothing.

"Come on you little piece of paper, I'm going to be late..."I mumble to myself. Then I hear some droid noises, which would be Chopper laughing at me.

"Shut up you. Do you have it?"

Chopper raised a piece of paper. He does have it. I chase him in the house probably wasting a total of two minutes, trying to take the paper from him without success.

"CHOPPER!"

"Calm down kiddo, I have it. Did you forget that you did this in the kitchen?" Kanan tells me from behind. I look at him and see him holding a piece of paper, with my poem in it.

"Thanks," I tell him, taking the paper and neatly placing it in my backpack.

"You'd better not be late for school, it's already 7:25 and your first class starts in five minutes, am I right?" he says.

"I'd better go. And don't worry, school's just nearby!"I tell him, before going out of the house.

I run for a few minutes, not turning back. Then I feel like something's missing. Wait that's not something, but someone...I realize Sabine's not with me.

I face palm, realizing that I forgot about her. She must be at school already, but then, stuff like this sometimes happened, then I'd leave her, thinking that she was already at school and she'd end up late. I don't want that to happen to her house again.

Without hesitation, I ran towards her house to see if she's still there.

(Sabine's P.O.V.)

I fix myself as fast as I could. School's going to start in five minutes and I still haven't eaten breakfast. What a nice start for a new day, with me being late for the first class.

"Looks like someone's in a rush," Hera says, as I saw her on a chair, preparing her toolbox. I guess somebody asked a favour from her again. I grab a sandwich on the kitchen table. I shouldn't waste any time.

"Yeah, I am, and I'd better go," I tell her, as I close the door.

"Well then, take care!"

"I will!"I tell her as loud as I can, making sure she heard my answer. I run as fast as I can. Like I said earlier, I shouldn't waste any time.

But wait, where was Ezra?

I think about stopping by at Ezra's house to see but then I hesitate, deciding that maybe he's already at school and left me like what he did before in middle school.

I ignore the thought and keep on running. I should keep going till I reach the school and try not to-

"Aah!"I let out a small shout when I accidentally tripped, almost having my face fall towards the painful cement. Thank goodness someone grabbed me before I did.

"You okay miss?" A familiar voice asked.

"Um. Thank-"I begin, but stop when I see the familiar, electric blue eyes of Ezra Bridger.

"You're welcome," he says with a smirk.

"I didn't say thank you," I tease him.

"Oh you were about to say something anyways. Hey, what's with the hair? So that's why I didn't recognize you."

At first, I didn't know what he was talking about, then I remembered that I dyed my hair blue last night.

"I just can't sleep last night." I tell him.

"And why?"

"None of your business," I tell him, with a smirk. Hey, I just couldn't tell him that I was thinking about his poem and if I did he'd be like 'YOU READ IT?'

"Looks pretty cool."

"Thanks," I tell him, then I feel my face heat up as I look at him. Am I blushing? Ugh something is indeed wrong with me. Then I decide to say something in order to stop the awkward silence.

"Hey I thought you were at school?"we ask in unison. We laugh. Then we realize...its already 7:29!

"We're going to be late!"We shout at the same time. A few more seconds then class will start. We run as fast as we can without hesitation.

~~~~

"Huff...huff..."

We arrive at our class breathing heavily. We walk towards our classroom with beads of sweat on my face, and I notice some on Ezra's. All that running made us tired, and sweaty(ugh). I wipe my face with a small handkerchief that I took from my sling bag, sighing.

"What time is it?"Ezra asks. I check my watch. We're just in time.

"Seven thirty."

"Good."

We take our seats without saying a word. We're too tired to say anything. From the corner of my eye, I see Mallorie looking towards us. I shrug it off. What's new about it anyway?

~~~

"Students, please pass all your projects forward," Ms. Grayson says.

I sit in my chair, looking at Kara. She's the one who has it. Kara looks at me, as if she already knows what to do. Then her eyes travelled from me to Ezra. She's definitely up to something, as always.

"Get your English books, and turn to page 250. As you can see, it's a summary of the story A New Dawn. Before we discuss this, let us first read silently," Ms. Grayson tells us, placing some sort of tone on the word silently.

I take out my book and do as she said. I got bored in the first few sentences. I wasn't that much of a reader, and I only read when I felt like it, which isn't often. Then I felt a light tap on my right shoulder.

"From Kara," the girl on my right, Lisa- I think that's her name, tells me. I take the paper from her, whispering a 'thank you'. I knew it. Kara was up to something.

[Kara: Bold , Sabine: Italics]

So you're not telling me something.

"Huh?"I whisper to myself, not knowing what she was talking about. After I wrote something, I pass it to the girl on my right.

What????

Admit it.

That I like Ezra? We've talked about this a lot of times.

Have we?

Just stop okay. And we aren't supposed to pass notes in class.

I'm not going to stop till you tell me.

I'm never going to tell you if I like someone. Seriously, you'll just tease me nonstop.

So you really like him?

Gosh, you're like a kid.

The cycle of me passing it to the girl on my right and passing it on to Kara and Kara passing it to me stopped when some Sullustan girl took the piece of paper from Kara. She reads it and raises her hand.

"Miss Grayson, you might want to see this," she says.

Oh shoot.

--

AN// An update! Yep, yah heard right. Plus 1k words! Hope that makes up for the days I haven't updated. And thanks a lot to those who have supported this story!