Chapter 17

(Sabine's P.O.V.)

-LATER THAT NIGHT-

   The day went on as usual, going to church and all, with the exception of Zeb being around. Hera and Kanan talked to Zeb a lot earlier, and they questioned him about why he doesn't come back. I didn't listen much to the conversation earlier, and that was the only thing I heard. In addition to all this, my conversations with Ezra were slightly awkward, with everything that happened lately. But eventually, everything went normal.

Speaking of Ezra, I flashback to what happened earlier. When I just read what I wasn't supposed to read.

-(flashback)-

   I was just hanging out in the kitchen in their house, trying to think of ways to annoy Chopper, since Ezra was just in his room, and I don't want to disturb him. I noticed a small paper, the one that Ezra doesn't want me to see. Maybe he accidentally lost it all over again.

  What could possibly be in that piece of paper? Then, all for the sake of curiosity, I opened the paper without hesitation. I began to read it. Despite the messy writing and corrections, I was able to understand what was written.

  For the special person I know out there:

  I've known you,

  For a long time,

 But there's something I can't tell you,

The thing that I've always been wanting to say,

But whenever I try,

I can't 'spit it out',

I can't get my mind to say the words I want to say to you.

My words are twisted,

And all that I do is stutter like an idiot,

 Or maybe say something else.

Whenever I look at you,

The rest of the world is nothing,

Completely nothing to me!

Each minute we spend together,

I want to cherish all the days of my life.

Whenever you smile,

I can't help but look at you.

Whenever you feel sad,

I always get this feeling that I want to comfort you.

I always feel affected when you're with someone else.

You're so amazing words aren't enough to describe you.

And whenever you're with me,

I have to realize that this isn't just my imagination.

I can't say this in front of you,

But I can say this in this poem.

I like you,

No, that doesn't sound right.

I'm in love with you,

Ever since the day I met you.

   I gasp at the poem. I never though Ezra could write...something as beautiful like this. But who is that special person he was talking about in his poem? I feel like my heart aches at the thought that it was for someone else. Of course that would be for someone else, right? I sigh. No matter how Kara tells me that he likes me, I still doubt it.

  I heard footsteps coming from upstairs. I am one hundred percent sure that it was Ezra, so I pretended that I did not read what I just read so I put on an 'innocent face' and placed the paper on the kitchen table.

  "H-hey Ezra, how are you?"I asked, rather awkwardly.

  "I'm fine,"he says, which is unusual because his usual answers were,"I'm great, because you're here(which would usually make me want to punch him)."

  "Th-that's nice."

  "Well, are we just gonna be quiet and not have a 'proper conversation'?"he asked, sounding a bit more like the Ezra I knew.

"We are having a proper conversation aren't we?"I told him, smirking.

 "I do not consider having a proper conversation being formal, miss Wren,"he said with a cheesy smile.

  "You are the one who sound rather formal, kind sir,"I told him, and we both laugh.

  "Okay enough of this cheesy formal stuff. This is absurd!"he said, raising both hands in the air. I laugh. Now that's the Ezra I know.

  "Okay let's stop this. Okay?"

  "Okay,"he said, making a TFIOS reference(AN: Not a fan of the book, but why not?). I hit him on the head.

  "Stop it Ezra."

  "Oh don't tell me there is actually another love team in the house! Love team number one is already killing me! That's why I wanna get out of this house..."Zeb says, suddenly appearing behind us. I groaned. Why does he always have to spoil the fun?

-(End of flashback)-

 ---

AN: More of Sabine's mind later that night(and Ezra's too probably) will be in the next chapter just to inform you.

Thanks for the support everyone! And for the whole rewriting thing, I changed my mind. I might rewrite this after writing the book.

Thanks again adventurers! SHOUTOUT TO: thanaton for having the right guess about the poem.