Find yourself short

Y/N had just been introduced to homeschooling.

Clara and Mike had taken the young teen out of her school once she had started her first period.

Y/N was 16 and she was a calm teen.

She never got into trouble and was always quiet.

She always kept to herself, but lately Clara and Mike had noticed changes in her appearance.

Not just regular puberty changes, changes that Clara had only seen once before.

The pale skin, the vivacious curves her body was forming into.

Y/N had lost interest in her favorite activities, wanting nothing more than to be alone in her room.

She had stopped coming down for dinner completely.

She wouldn't leave her room and it was so bad that Clara and Mike had to leave food at her door.

Clara hadn't talked to Y/N about what was happening yet. The mother didn't think it would happen so fast.

So, she called her oldest daughter, Lauren who went through these changes around Y/N's age.

It was a curse. A curse put upon Clara at birth because her mother betrayed her best friend.

Lauren was cursed with vampirism and killer instincts that made her lash out and become short tempered.

As time went on, she began to work on herself, forcing herself to calm down.

But she was now flying down to Miami to see her younger sister.

When she arrived, the house was silent.

She went up the stairs, finding the tray of food that was untouched.

"She hasn't eaten for three weeks, Lauren... we hear her pacing around at night and she hasn't once unlocked her door," Clara had begged Lauren to fly down to come see Y/N, to help her.

"Okay, leave us. I need you and dad gone. We don't know how hostile she is right now," the mother nodded her head, trusting her daughter and leaving with her husband.

Lauren made sure to lock all the doors in the house before unlocking Y/N's.

It was silent in the bedroom, a huge mess everywhere.

Clothes were ripped, furniture was tossed over and broken.

The window was shattered.

Lauren's heart dropped into the pit of her stomach, going to the window and hoping the young girl didn't escape.

She let out a breath when she heard soft whispers within the closet.

"Y/N," she slowly opened the closet door, finding the teen in only her night gown.

She was covered in a thin sheet of sweat, gently rocking back and forth.

She held her knees to her chest, her eyes on the wall in an intense stare.

"It's not real... it's not real..." she kept repeating to herself.

"Y/N," Lauren squatted down, gently grabbing her hand.

She was burning up.

"Hey, look at me. It's me, Lauren. I'm here to help you, sweetheart. I know you must be so scared and confused right now, but it's going to be okay," Lauren tried to help her up, immediately stopping when she heard the sickening snap of one of her bones.

She cried out in pain, screaming as her bones began to break and rearrange.

"Close the door! The door!" She cried out, making Lauren slam the door shut.